You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

hand in cookie jar moment but is this a good flop to c-bet as the initial raiser preflop

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancedud899Small blind 40.0040.004717.50payday78Big blind 80.00120.008250.00 Your hole cardsJA   halifaxkidFold    dubmasterFold    IDONKCALLURaise 240.00360.004015.00dud899Call 200.00560.004517.50payday78Call 160.00720.008090.00Flop  4410   dud899Check    payday78Check    IDONKCALLUBet 400.001120.003615.00dud899Call 400.001520.004117.50payday78Raise 2320.003840.005770.00IDONKCALLUFold    dud899Call 1920.005760.002197.50Turn  5   dud899Check    payday78All-in 5770.0011530.000.00dud899All-in 2197.5013727.500.00payday78Unmatched bet 3572.5010155.003572.50dud899Show77   payday78ShowQ10   River  2   payday78WinTwo Pairs, 10s and 4s10155.00

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Nowt wrong here, ur in position it gets checked round to u, u still have 2 overcards to the board. c-bet but fold to agression, most the time c-bets will get thru but harder against multiple opponents
  • edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
    As the initial raiser any flop is good for a c bet )
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: hand in cookie jar moment but is this a good flop to c-bet as the initial raiser preflop:
    As the initial raiser any flop is good for a c bet )
    Posted by rancid
    Do not listen to this

this flop doesnt hit either oppos range hard makes it a good flop to cbet. wp
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: hand in cookie jar moment but is this a good flop to c-bet as the initial raiser preflop:
    In Response to Re: hand in cookie jar moment but is this a good flop to c-bet as the initial raiser preflop : Do not listen to this this flop doesnt hit either oppos range hard makes it a good flop to cbet. wp
    Posted by The_Don90

Have you got the painters in ?

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: hand in cookie jar moment but is this a good flop to c-bet as the initial raiser preflop : Have you got the painters in ?    
    Posted by rancid
    wtf?

my point is not all flops are good for c-betting. Ill likley c/f aces on some boards. Sometimes ill be wrong but sometimes the texture hitts the oppo so hard you behind 90% of the time.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: hand in cookie jar moment but is this a good flop to c-bet as the initial raiser preflop : wtf? my point is not all flops are good for c-betting. Ill likley c/f aces on some boards. Sometimes ill be wrong but sometimes the texture hitts the oppo so hard you behind 90% of the time.
    Posted by The_Don90

Old saying when women have there monthly cycle )

You appear to be on tilt, so stroppy.

IMO if you’re the pre flop raiser you have to c bet, like all the time.

If your not prepared to c-bet then why raise pre just to bet when you hit.

I understand what your saying, on some textures of boards there is no point in c betting – but you can still delay a c bet till the turn.

For me taking the route of the aggressor I don’t see why we would slow down on the flop regardless if we miss or hit or hold made hands/draws.

It’s perfectly ok to slow down on turn when called and give up !!

Obviously there are exceptions to this like when we hit flop so hard we crush the deck but……like I say these are the minority

It seems to be standard that the pre flop aggressor is obliged and expected to c bet his whole range.

By all means correct me if I am wrong )

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: hand in cookie jar moment but is this a good flop to c-bet as the initial raiser preflop : Old saying when women have there monthly cycle ) You appear to be on tilt, so stroppy. IMO if you’re the pre flop raiser you have to c bet, like all the time. If your not prepared to c-bet then why raise pre just to bet when you hit.   I understand what your saying, on some textures of boards there is no point in c betting – but you can still delay a c bet till the turn.   For me taking the route of the aggressor I don’t see why we would slow down on the flop regardless if we miss or hit or hold made hands/draws. It’s perfectly ok to slow down on turn when called and give up !!   Obviously there are exceptions to this like when we hit flop so hard we crush the deck but……like I say these are the minority   It seems to be standard that the pre flop aggressor is obliged and expected to c bet his whole range.   By all means correct me if I am wrong )
    Posted by rancid
    if your going to cbet 100% of the time, you have a major leak. Simple as that. Any player with a brain cell with float, people will call you down with bottom pair and others will c/r you countless times.

You tell me how those 3 situations are no profitable. Only when you have the goods. Im not saying by any means dont cbet. Theres plenty of board that dont hit your oppos range that are fine to cbet.
  • edited November 2011

At micros cbet when you have good pot equity !!!!!!!!!!

Simplez!
  • edited November 2011
    i agree with don here i c bet on depending what the flop is and think to myself what kind of range of hands these people are calling my raise with and i thought was a good flop to c -bet to represent a over pair but soon as i get 2 callers i know some 1 has a 10 and aint gonna give up 2 lightly so basically waved the white flag 
  • edited November 2011
    cbetting 100% is bad. Bet you dont c/f AA too often on flop though Don

This flop I could go either way, prob bet ip,  its villain dependent though. It doesnt hit them often but it doesnt hit you that often either, which they should know if they are decent. Against good players you need to have a second barrell ready a lot if you are firing here, esp the times you are oop