You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

got myself in trouble!

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
been on the table about an hour. very active table. wish i never called pre! was the rest played ok and 
pod1Small blind £0.50£0.50£111.36
RemyMartinBig blind £1.00£1.50£154.86
 Your hole cards

cottladFold    
timbo57Fold    
bounsyFold    
xxxx( D)Raise £3.00£4.50£86.00
pod1Call £2.50£7.00£108.86
RemyMartinFold    
Flop

pod1Bet £5.25£12.25£103.61
XXXXCall £5.25£17.50£80.75
Turn

pod1Bet £13.13£30.63£90.48
XXXXCall £13.13£43.76£67.62
River

pod1Bet £12.00£55.76£78.48
XXXXAll-in £67.62£123.38£0.00
pod1Fold    
XXXXMuck    
XXXXWin £65.96 £65.96
XXXXReturn £55.62£1.80£121.58
Nextwas it right to put this down on the river?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Don't like call pre OOP, prefer 3bet or fold especially only 89 bbs deep.

Flop why do you donk lead, I presume you shove if he raises you at this point, I prefer c/r on this great flop.

Turn fine.

River you play the board, I guess your bet was a blocker, I prefer c/c here.
  • edited November 2011
    IMO you played it fine just a nasty river card, with any J or FH beating you...... could he have had A9??
  • edited November 2011
    mornin dude,  player had been raising every button. i feel more comfortable betting first on this board, like you say i can come over the top if he 3bets me here,i would just rather control it though. maybe i shoulda saved some cash and checked the river, but then i dont know were i am at, at least this way if he hasnt got a 5/j i "could "take it down. 
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: got myself in trouble!:
    mornin dude,  player had been raising every button. i feel more comfortable betting first on this board, like you say i can come over the top if he 3bets me here,i would just rather control it though. maybe i shoulda saved some cash and checked the river, but then i dont know were i am at, at least this way if he hasnt got a 5/j i "could "take it down. 
    Posted by pod1
    I'd think it's easier to control by checking and letting him bet rather than betting getting raised and having to get it in on draw yes good draw but wouldn't letting him bluff potentially be better and also c/ring your draw is surely more profitable than just plain betting it, like what happens when turn bricks you bet get raised and then call... ?

More control for me in letting him bluff off, as you do have a pair here and he could have high cards trying to buy it.
  • edited November 2011
    your probably right here dude, it was a messy hand from the start. just going back over hands that i think i played bad. having a really good mnth but still need to improve :-)
  • edited November 2011
    fold or 3bet pre especially if he opens every btn. Why do you want to flat with 9hi oop v a weakish range

c/r flop

river sucks, cant see any reason to bet 1/4 pot. Either bet big, c/c or c/f