You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Over pair re-raised on flop

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Cash table $1-$2. new to the table unsure of all the players.  Stack sizes roughly the same at least for players in the hand and I have approx $95.  Six players at the table.  I am on the button with KdKh. Action folds round to me and I put in a raise and made it $6. small blind fold, big blind calls.  Flop comes Jc Qs 4h.  BB bets $8 I raise the pot of about $22 to try and make straight draws pay to see a turn.  BB then reraises giving me approx another $25 to call.  Alarm bells start ringing thinking possible sets or two pairs may be out there but I made the call thinking he may have made that move with something like AQ - KQ.  Turn card is 10c giving four clubs and now a possible straight he checked and I pushed because I wanted to win the pot there and then.  As it happened I got a call a 10 hit the river I won with two pair defaulting his two pair as he was holding QJ.

First of all on the flop should I have called, pushed or folded?

Second with the turn possibly completing a straight should I have checked down to the river and possibly folding should a danger card such as another king queen or jack hit the river?