You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how to

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
hi guys,

so what is the formula for winning DYM,s  being a new player ie: "bankroll foder" I tend to play these to learn the game I have little trouble reaching the bubble but usually end up in forth place.

it really is annoying at times I have played tight agressive  nowt seems to work so I am doing something wrong any idea's please.
 I allways seem to get out drawn even when playing pocket aces.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Read Johnconnor's blog it is like the bible to them lol
  • edited November 2011
    In the late stages It is better to shove with any 2 cards from the SB or button than it is to shove UTG with something like KJ/K10.
  • edited November 2011
    hi guys,
    read the the blog very interesting one or two points seem to suggest where I could improve although it seems the best position is to make sure by level 4-6 your NOT the short stack as other players then pick on you trying to put you all-in every hand and the blinds come round very quickly.

the problem is if you get caught out early and loose a big pot you are then in the short stack postion and every move you make is called, when a 3x or 4x bet is more than 50% of your stack  you dont get many chances to improve your postion

it may be in the mind set but shoving all-in when drawing dead seems pointless hoping the bigger stacks fold to a large bet.

any thoughts please.
  • edited November 2011
    on what i do in a dum i play really tight till level 4-5 only play premium hands here 10-10 jj qq kk aa ak aq aj nothing less u just sit back till level 4-5 let every 1 elsea knock each other out buy level 5 comes should be about 4 players left then its all about surviving if ya shortstacked at this point just try and steal blinds now n then or u will get blinded out pick ya spots but if ya not shortstacked when 4 players just play tight really i see so many players go out in these in the 1st few levels its unreal it doesnt matter if u come 1st or 3rd still get same money all about surviving good luck i hope this is good advice colnic good luck at the tables 
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: how to:
    on what i do in a dum i play really tight till level 4-5 only play premium hands here 10-10 jj qq kk aa ak aq aj nothing less u just sit back till level 4-5 let every 1 elsea knock each other out buy level 5 comes should be about 4 players left then its all about surviving if ya shortstacked at this point just try and steal blinds now n then or u will get blinded out pick ya spots but if ya not shortstacked when 4 players just play tight really i see so many players go out in these in the 1st few levels its unreal it doesnt matter if u come 1st or 3rd still get same money all about surviving good luck i hope this is good advice colnic good luck at the tables 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    thanks bud that sounds like very good advice I've not thought of that ploy but it sounds awesome will try it on the next few games. since reading the blog my average has gone up to 25% from 10% so there is improvement but not good enough yet to average 55% where I can progress to the next level and get some of my deposits back .

thanks again