You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Do we ever fold a set, b/f or b/c

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I call this defo , looks like AK to me

Comments

• edited November 2011

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    TheRat1 Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £2.27
    blueflag Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £11.70
      Your hole cards

rancid Raise   £0.24 £0.36 £17.46
    dusithurt Fold        
    CJ621 Call   £0.24 £0.60 £1.28
    congo0013 Raise   £0.48 £1.08 £6.10
    TheRat1 Fold        
    blueflag Fold        
    rancid Call   £0.24 £1.32 £17.22
    CJ621 Call   £0.24 £1.56 £1.04
    Flop

• Q

rancid Bet   £0.78 £2.34 £16.44
    CJ621 Fold        
    congo0013 Call   £0.78 £3.12 £5.32
    Turn

• A

rancid Bet   £1.36 £4.48 £15.08
    congo0013 All-in   £5.32 £9.80 £0.00
    rancid ?
  • edited November 2011
    Id call this depending on reads if your behind you still have outs but yh id call it
  • edited November 2011

prob c/r flop, if you bet, bet bigger

bet turn bigger, snapcall now. Not ever folding a set 80BB deep in a 3bet pot

• edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
    snapcall from snapsville near snapstown 
  • edited November 2011
    The 3 bet was only min here, what does he normally 3bet? If AK would we not expect a larger 3 bet? Could it be AA so we have set over set.... not a snap call here IMO but cant see how you can get away from it.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Do we ever fold a set, b/f or call:
    prob c/r flop, if you bet, bet bigger bet turn bigger, snapcall now. Not ever folding a set 80BB deep in a 3bet pot
    Posted by grantorino
    Are we not putting oppo on a 3 bet pre range where we can lead or c/r, either way we are looking very likely to get action

Pro's for c/r versus the cons of leading ?

I feel both look as strong as each other, but oppo will still find it hard to fold

I am thinking if I had a draw or Qx what would I do ? Lead, c/c or c/r - infact more importantly how would oppo react to the lead

• edited November 2011
    Depends on your history with the guy if any; he's playing the button fairly strong and it does look like AK/Q on the flop as I reckon if he's flush-drawing he would've played the flop stronger - I could be wrong on that as I am a noob but I like to try and figure the logic in other people's decisions. For me its an insta-call; if it is a flush then your still not that big a dog since you have ten outs to house up on the river. 
  • edited November 2011

hes 3-bet pre flop called the flop raised allin on the turn im puttin my money on he has qq or aa and panicked because the board has came 3 clubs and shipped it but it is totally opponent dependant imo.

so think he has you toatally crushed or makin a bluff here.

• edited November 2011
    DEFO check raise, honestly I never used to do it but Dohhhh recommended it in one of my threads ages ago and it really does work SO well, so here he cbets around £1.20 and then you can raise to whatever you want lol but basically enough to stick him in.

As played you gotta donk bet bigger than half pot at least £1.30 if you bet but c/r is better imo.

Turn gotta call not even 100bb deep.

Overall though c/r makes it much easier.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Do we ever fold a set, b/f or b/c:
    DEFO check raise, honestly I never used to do it but Dohhhh recommended it in one of my threads ages ago and it really does work SO well, so here he cbets around £1.20 and then you can raise to whatever you want lol but basically enough to stick him in. As played you gotta donk bet bigger than half pot at least £1.30 if you bet but c/r is better imo. Turn gotta call not even 100bb deep. Overall though c/r makes it much easier.
    Posted by Dudeskin8

Funny that but on another hand I posted, the advice I got was don't c/r but bet out.
    I wish you people would make your minds up )
    I have lead here expecting to be  raised on that board

I would love to hear from GT/Doooh or anyone else via pm if you prefer, regarding the c/r versus lead debate.
    What situations are best for each and why ?

I'll post the result of the hand later
  • edited November 2011
    I am probably calling this.
    Interested to see what he had. Seen allot small 3bets with AA and also with hands like AQ more than I have with AK.
    So im going for the AQ or flush option cos I think he raises the flop with AA and 2 clubs on board at these stakes.
  • edited November 2011
    Result, weird oppo doesn't raise my lead on flop

• A

rancid Bet   £1.36 £4.48 £15.08
    congo0013 All-in   £5.32 £9.80 £0.00
    rancid Call   £3.96 £13.76 £11.12
    rancid Show

congo0013 Show
    • A
    • Q

River

rancid Win Three 5s £12.72   £23.84