You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

overpair on a low flop i think is a leak of my game any tips would be great

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
right im on a cash table 20nl i raise and get 1 caller flop is 7 4 3 i have kk here is there anyway at all from getting away here i did lead out but got called and on the turn was  brick 3 i bet get called again river was a blank a 10 i went all in snap called i do beat myself up about these situations it does happen alot am i doing anything wrong or is it just a standard cooler any advice or help would me great thanks 

Comments

• edited November 2011
    In Response to overpair on a low flop i think is a leak of my game any tips would be great:
    right im on a cash table 20nl i raise and get 1 caller flop is 7 4 3 i have kk here is there anyway at all from getting away here i did lead out but got called and on the turn was  brick 3 i bet get called again river was a blank a 10 i went all in snap called i do beat myself up about these situations it does happen alot am i doing anything wrong or is it just a standard cooler any advice or help would me great thanks 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    With an over pair on a dry board like that you probably won't get 3 streets of value against a semi-decent player. Standard line for a set in possition is to call a bet on the flop and then raise on the turn. In this case I would be looking to check a street at some point for pot control. Maybe the turn.

You need to be thinking about what could my opponent have to call me on the flop and turn? If it's a queen high flop then it's easy to think that they could have a queen. But when the flop comes 743 there's not a great deal of hands that your opponent can have to call you with. He could have a smaller over pair or A7, but if they are calling you down then much of the time they will have a set or two pair.

Only thing you can do is gather information on your opponent. If they are the type to call light pre-flop and then call with any pair thinking that you have a hand like AK/AQ and are bluffing then this 3-streets of value line is fine. If they are a TAG player then you need to think about what your opponent might have. If you put them on a smaller pair then this is fine. Set is more likely against TAG player.
  • edited November 2011
    ok pal thanks for the advice i will take this information on board 
  • edited November 2011

depnds on villain, depends if draws on board, depends on stack depth. I'd often bet three streets though