You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Depression

edited November 2011 in The Shed
 Ok. I dont want to jump to conclusion about why Gary Speed did what he did, but if it was depression he made a good job of hiding the fact. This is the last thing people need to do when sufferring depression.

Yes if he had have come out and let people know that he was sufferring he would have had a lot of negative press saying how can someone with is lifestyle be suffering depression. ( and this narrow mindedness and lack of understanding would of not helped him)

He also would have had a lot of support from those that really mattered and this would have made it a lot harder to take is own life noing what it would do to others.

I am not having a go at Gary because he may have been in a place I found myself, before letting people know and getting help, Medication and therapy.

Myself I sometimes still feel death would be the best thing to happen to me, but I know that I have to fight it for my daughter, friends and family.

RIP Gary Speed.

Comments

• edited November 2011
     For those that think that depression is just being extremely sad about something try to think of it as a very stong emotion like love.

Sometimes we know why we love something or someone but many other times we no we love someone without ever knowing why. This is also true of depression.

Some people will feel the need to live long after they have nothing to live for but some of us dont have that natural instinct, if anything we feel the opposite and feel the need for closure.

I do have things to live for but even that doesnt seem enough sometimes. That is my version of depression.
  • edited November 2011
    My heart goes out to his family. 
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Depression:
     For those that think that depression is just being extremely sad about something try to think of it as a very stong emotion like love.  Sometimes we know why we love something or someone but many other times we no we love someone without ever knowing why. This is also true of depression.  Some people will feel the need to live long after they have nothing to live for but some of us dont have that natural instinct, if anything we feel the opposite and feel the need for closure.   I do have things to live for but even that doesnt seem enough sometimes. That is my version of depression.
    Posted by Donut64
    And i love you sir for your honesty ,
    a very sacred quality in deed .