You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM - 5 players left, 99 in CO 18bb deep

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
One player behind has around 4.5k and is uba station, I have around 1.8k

Basically can/should I raise fold here, MTT I raise and call all in but not sure if that's right in a DYM.

jromega1 Small blind   50.00 50.00 2107.50
simon86 Big blind   100.00 150.00 2165.00
  Your hole cards

bludreid11 Fold        
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited November 2011
    you can raise fold, yes
  • edited November 2011
    Stop playin dym's and get back to what you know about ;)

CASH and MTT'S
  • edited November 2011
    You all cashed out for a bit Dude?

I do like to mix it up myself. I only like to play one format at a time but I tend to only play one type, whether it be DYMs, regular SnGs, Cash, or MTT for like 4 weeks then I gota move on.
  • edited November 2011
    shove yes right play 
  • edited November 2011
    @ Gregg - Cool, thought so just makes postflop a little tricky I guess.

@ Lamby - Yeah been playing MTT's for a little while of late but suddenly tried a DYM when there was nothing decent about to start and found it really fun (yes DYM's fun.... lol), am like you actually just stick to one thing and play it till I'm completely burned out so most likely give this a go till the New Year, it's not even like I'm bad at cash I'm a winning player at the level I play it's just doing the same thing over and over kinda sucks the life out of it ;).

Anyway expect more threads like this over the next few weeks :).
  • edited November 2011
    If you wanna change, and also wanna start playing some poker/thinking, try some HU sngs!!!

It will improve your cash game loads when u go back. 

-----------------------------------------

Hand is a standard open then fold to any agro action behind in most cases I would have thought, but if you have no fold equity against the 4.5k guy spose open shoving can't be bad?
  • edited November 2011
    i dnt mind heads up but no better feeling then doing well in a mtt for me personally give ya a game soon if ya like dohhhhhh
  • edited November 2011
    @ Dudeskin8 , cash is the same old thing ??

then wtf do ya think dym's are ??

robotics ftw ??
  • edited November 2011
    @ Dohhhhhhh - Tbh you may have a point with the HU SNG's as I found the turbos's quite fun in the head's up comp and the way you can get through a lot in a short space of time so will defo give them a try after this DYM spell.

@ Debs - Don't worry I know I'm mad for playing them, my one piece of poker advice on profile says it all lol, but I just want a new challenge, I also know cash is MUCH better for making money/trying to play poker etc but it's not about that right now.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - 5 players left, 99 in CO 18bb deep:
    @ Dohhhhhhh - Tbh you may have a point with the HU SNG's as I found the turbos's quite fun in the head's up comp and the way you can get through a lot in a short space of time so will defo give them a try after this DYM spell. @ Debs - Don't worry I know I'm mad for playing them, my one piece of poker advice on profile says it all lol, but I just want a new challenge, I also know cash is MUCH better for making money/trying to play poker etc but it's not about that right now.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Well gd luck to you in the dym's mate , how about startin a thread on ure dym's keepin us all updated ?? and it may well give ya alot more incentive and drive.
  • edited November 2011
    What, DYM Diary - The Dudes' in Town? lol

Yh might do for start of new month as it'll keep me focused ;).
  • edited November 2011
    I know what ya mean though Dude. Sometimes you can get a bit burnt out doing the same old same old at micro stakes cash, and yes Debs I know DYMs is same old same old, but it's a different same old to cash lol.

I needed a change from the DYMs when I was playing them and it felt like a real chore and it really stopped being fun.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - 5 players left, 99 in CO 18bb deep:
    I know what ya mean though Dude. Sometimes you can get a bit burnt out doing the same old same old at micro stakes cash, and yes Debs I know DYMs is same old same old, but it's a different same old to cash lol. I needed a change from the DYMs when I was playing them and it felt like a real chore and it really stopped being fun.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Definately think you can raise/fold here Dude, looks like a fine spot to me.
  • edited November 2011
    looking at the stacks in front of you a raise - fold as these are the stacks you want to be going at

If you shove at that level your flipping at the very best imo

MP
  • edited November 2011
    from the situation described i think jamming is best
  • edited November 2011
    depends on reads on the 4.5k if you think he is very aggro i would shove if you dont think he has it in him to steal with air then raise fold.