You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM - AK facing shortstack shove, 6 players left.

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Firstly yes me playing DYM's, the Devil's game, I know but I just wanted a change for a bit.

Anyway player has just lost big pot and most likely shoving blind and therefore I'm ahead so do I just call and fold to reshove, raise to commit mysefl or just shove ?

I have 1925, 2 players behind me have average stacks 1900-2500
emerson01 Small blind   25.00 25.00 2775.00
Mc180 Big blind   50.00 75.00 1750.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

merced1967 All-in   480.00 555.00 0.00
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I know you'll probably hate this horrible nitty DYM mindset lol but I think I can find a fold here. I don't like call/folding for 25% of our stack and I definitely don't like racing with just Ahigh when we still got 6 people left. I think just let someone else call him.

P.S. yes oh my god you're playing the dreaded DYMs Dude....
  • edited November 2011

i would reship all in here.

gl with the dyms by the way. You will hate them. but as you hae a fold button you will do well.

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - AK facing shortstack shove, 6 players left.:
    I know you'll probably hate this horrible nitty DYM mindset lol but I think I can find a fold here. I don't like call/folding for 25% of our stack and I definitely don't like racing with just Ahigh when we still got 6 people left. I think just let someone else call him. P.S. yes oh my god you're playing the dreaded DYMs Dude....
    Posted by Lambert180
    ugh. its AK and 6 max = the nuts

Im nitty regarding my calling ranges in dyms, but i cant fold this! it is the easiest reship in the world imo

• edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
    easy all in to isolate u know your ahead of the guys all in of 400 and even if ya lose still in good shape deffo all in for me 
  • edited November 2011
    get it in m8 also dont think u will like dym`s a played them for 3 weeks this mth and had to go back to cash they were depressin for me lol but got lot of respect to players who play them all the time and make profit just no my thing even tho a had a small profit.
  • edited November 2011
    yh shuv it all in,his 7/6 will hit a str8 as usual.all luck lol
  • edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
    Well obvz in the end I shoved but just didn't know whether that was MTT shove mode coming in as I'm not sure how much and extra 480 chips will actually help in winning the DYM (5 players still left), yes I have more equity as someone as bust  but I'm not on like 4-5k and already home.
    emerson01 Small blind   25.00 25.00 2775.00
    Mc180 Big blind   50.00 75.00 1750.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

merced1967 All-in   480.00 555.00 0.00
    Dudeskin8 All-in   1925.00 2480.00 0.00
    KP301 Fold        
    beastcrab Fold        
    emerson01 Fold        
    Mc180 Fold        
    Dudeskin8 Unmatched bet   1445.00 1035.00 1445.00
    merced1967 Show

Dudeskin8 Show
    • A
    • K

Flop

• A

Turn

River

• K

Dudeskin8 Win Two Pairs, Aces and Kings 1035.00   2480.00
  • edited November 2011
    Sorry a bit late to the party here but I like the iso-shove in this spot. In fact I think his stack size is just about perfect for it. Small enough that on the times you're not crushing you're only risking 25% of your stack (bearing in mind you will be well ahead the majority of the time), but big enough that it is worth iso-raising to increase your stack by 25%.
  • edited November 2011
    Not just following the bandwagone but its a shove from me as well

Ps - Is it best to post hands from DYM,s in the clinic or on J,cs thread?
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - AK facing shortstack shove, 6 players left.:
    Not just following the bandwagone but its a shove from me as well Ps - Is it best to post hands from DYM,s in the clinic or on J,cs thread?
    Posted by MP33
    Post them in the clinic because youll get alot more people looking at them and commenting.