You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I've no option here right?

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Not even taking into account that the villain runs better than a combination of God, the bionic man and a cheetah I just can't call or shove with stack sizes can I? It has to be AK or AQ or less likely AA? I can't even rep anything can I or it's a sigh call from Snedds that I'm behind?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Eyeman Small blind  50.00 50.00 5195.00
MacMonster Big blind  100.00 150.00 14392.50
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

murr65 Call  100.00 250.00 26267.50
SUPERSNEDD Raise  400.00 650.00 5652.50
torryboy Fold     
bandini Raise  1300.00 1950.00 3402.00
Eyeman Fold     
MacMonster Fold     
murr65 Fold     
SUPERSNEDD Call  900.00 2850.00 4752.50
Flop

• A

SUPERSNEDD Bet  1425.00 4275.00 3327.50
bandini Fold     
SUPERSNEDD Muck     
SUPERSNEDD Win  2850.00  6177.50
SUPERSNEDD Return  1425.00 0.00 7602.50

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Yep easy fold, just be glad he bet saving you from a tricky decision.
  • edited November 2011
    yeah easy fold i would of just gone all in after snedd raised tho he bet 400 u got 3.4k go all in it looks weaker if u do this ith a lil raise u look super strong and with your all in could of got a fold from sneddy 
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: I've no option here right?:
    yeah easy fold i would of just gone all in after snedd raised tho he bet 400 u got 3.4k go all in it looks weaker if u do this ith a lil raise u look super strong and with your all in could of got a fold from sneddy 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Hmm. Don't agree. I'm folding out a bigger part of Snedds range that's losing than are calling me. Just the horrible card came. Even upon reflection I think I played it as +EV as I could have.

I could, of course, be wrong. I often am.

Right, combinatorics. Against even a loose player's range, what am I ever beating, what can I make fold? He's also putting me on a range, Snedds is a huge winning player, he ain't stupid. He has to have a big A in my range. Very few of my hands don't beat what I put him on. So why donk? He's gotta have at least an A and he's testing me to see if I'll shove? And then against my range he probably still calls? grrrr.

More and more I think it's AA. After 3hrs thinking. I had 15s. But check-raise AA? Not AA. AK or AQ, defo. Or I got played. But I don't think though. Big A was too much in my range and I'm too stoopid to fold that.

AQ.

I shoulda shoved.

Maybe.
  • edited November 2011

Tell me on facebook Graeme, not here, cos I want to hear what everyone here thinks.

• edited November 2011

His bet makes no sense, so I probably call flop, call turn.

If he has an Ace (or better), it's to his advantage to let you bet so that he picks up chips the times you have nothing / worse made hands.

If you were deeper, he could be leading with the intent of building the pot to get stacks in, but as you only have a PSB back, that isn't a concern.

Having said all of that, it isn't necessarily the way your opponent is thinking. 
    Call it down, then make a note when he shows you AQ/AT....
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: I've no option here right?:
    His bet makes no sense, so I probably call flop, call turn. If he has an Ace (or better), it's to his advantage to let you bet so that he picks up chips the times you have nothing / worse made hands. If you were deeper, he could be leading with the intent of building the pot to get stacks in, but as you only have a PSB back, that isn't a concern. Having said all of that, it isn't necessarily the way your opponent is thinking.  Call it down, then make a note when he shows you AQ/AT....
    Posted by jakally
    Wow. Interesting.

I think I'm right in thinking cash is your game?

I folded and ran deep in what was a fairly weak tournament.

I'm only calling there to float. And I don't think floating can possibly be +EV there? I'm rarely not facing another bullet to a player of Snedds skilz? Am I?

But I dunno. I usually know when I've minced a hand. I really had no idea what to do here even with hindsight.

I'm not sure it even matters what Graeme had. Against a range that would cold call and then donk, what am I beating? QQ? JJ? Could I fold out AQ? Hmmm.

If he's bluffed me wp Snedds. I can't see how I can fold out anything but a hyper lag's range here. And I don't put Snrdds in that bracket?

Just my thoughts, as ever. I'll listen to anyone that says different.
  • edited November 2011
    its a shove here i think bandini u put yaself ina tricky spot if the ace flops and it has so if u go all in thats it no more tricky decisions and if sneddy fold still get 400 + small blind and big blind tiurneys are all about survival