You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

dont know what to say

edited November 2011 in Area 51
 i am getting sick of these miracle runner runner wins (or should that be loses to me)..

i keep getting my cards in good after the flop or turn and then a miracle runner runner happens or they hit that one card for the win.. not bad..

i know varience comes into play but when u lose 15 games yesterday to it and already 3 this morning ..

varience is not the right word for it..

not hitting over cards for 5 days yet again but having my pairs beaten most of the times like (7 out of 10)

it is becoming a joke ..     

i know it is swings and roundabouts..

you play correctly. you do the right thing. get your chips in good. but then wham.....

then you scope them. you see they are a losing player..  if they are losing players how can they always win

they make stupid calls for 9/10s of their chips and hit ..

this site is amazing . just like all online sites...  not the correct odds . no chance of winning with the good hands

now many will say. another bad beat story from an agry player..  i am not angry. i just wonder how the rng. is supposedly random when it happens so much.

that 90% chance of winning hands with 1 card to come. they are losing 50% of the time.. now that is not 90% in my eyes.

that is a coin flip on the river..

other will auto tell me off for even questioning the rng. or sky. or any other site..

but please just watch your games closely. watch how that bad caller hits that runner runner or even that 1 outer on the river..

then when you see it happening more than it should you can come back and say. ohh yes it does happen alot...

varience is a killer i know.  but when the true odds are not being played over a period of time then there must be something up with the system..

you will say .. you are playing wrong. giving them chance to call ...  not the case.   people will call if they are a fish no matter what you raise..

if i am wrong and these miracle runner runners dont happen as much then tell me. show me..

i could post hands and show you how many times i have seen it happen but i would rather spend my time playing poker than looking though pages and pages of hands..

Comments

• edited November 2011
    In Response to dont know what to say:
     then you scope them. you see they are a losing player..  if they are losing players how can they always win
    Posted by bigal36903
    Well they obviously don't.......

You will have some big leaks in your game Al, and that's why you wont be getting the results that you 'think' you deserve. 

All winning players have downswings, but when they go on for sooooo long, over so many games, you gotta question wether bad luck really is the reason.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to dont know what to say:
     i am getting sick of these miracle runner runner wins (or should that be loses to me).. i keep getting my cards in good after the flop or turn and then a miracle runner runner happens or they hit that one card for the win.. not bad.. i know varience comes into play but when u lose 15 games yesterday to it and already 3 this morning .. varience is not the right word for it.. not hitting over cards for 5 days yet again but having my pairs beaten most of the times like (7 out of 10) it is becoming a joke ..      i know it is swings and roundabouts.. you play correctly. you do the right thing. get your chips in good. but then wham..... then you scope them. you see they are a losing player..  if they are losing players how can they always win they make stupid calls for 9/10s of their chips and hit .. this site is amazing . just like all online sites...  not the correct odds . no chance of winning with the good hands now many will say. another bad beat story from an agry player..  i am not angry. i just wonder how the rng. is supposedly random when it happens so much. that 90% chance of winning hands with 1 card to come. they are losing 50% of the time.. now that is not 90% in my eyes. that is a coin flip on the river.. other will auto tell me off for even questioning the rng. or sky. or any other site.. but please just watch your games closely. watch how that bad caller hits that runner runner or even that 1 outer on the river.. then when you see it happening more than it should you can come back and say. ohh yes it does happen alot... varience is a killer i know.  but when the true odds are not being played over a period of time then there must be something up with the system.. you will say .. you are playing wrong. giving them chance to call ...  not the case.   people will call if they are a fish no matter what you raise.. if i am wrong and these miracle runner runners dont happen as much then tell me. show me.. i could post hands and show you how many times i have seen it happen but i would rather spend my time playing poker than looking though pages and pages of hands..
    Posted by bigal36903
    cant disagree w ith you at alll..
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: dont know what to say:
    In Response to dont know what to say : Well they obviously don't....... You will have some big leaks in your game Al, and that's why you wont be getting the results that you 'think' you deserve.  All winning players have downswings, but when they go on for sooooo long, over so many games, you gotta question wether bad luck really is the reason.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i am getting it in good DOOHHHHH.  when i mean good i mean KK against a low board and they chase with big A.  then they hit river...  after calling big raises.. you know. please dont say it doesnt happen. when 1 card to come and they somehow manage to call a 1200 chip raise...  and hit..

as for the leaks in my game. i have fixed most with some help from someone.

we are always learning though..

we must learn not to get involved in such hands, but when u r getting it in good.  it is a wham bam thankyou
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: dont know what to say : i am getting it in good DOOHHHHH.  when i mean good i mean KK against a low board and they chase with big A.  then they hit river...  after calling big raises.. you know. please dont say it doesnt happen. when 1 card to come and they somehow manage to call a 1200 chip raise...  and hit.. as for the leaks in my game. i have fixed most with some help from someone. we are always learning though.. we must learn not to get involved in such hands, but when u r getting it in good.  it is a wham bam thankyou
    Posted by bigal36903
    This is V good to hear that you're doing something constructive to try and help yourself.

Keep working at it and trying to improve and the results will come.
  • edited November 2011
    on a plus side i did get my very first win on here just the other day. i was always the bridesmaid.. 

i was only stating how so many runner runner and river wins happen for bad callers who manage to get lucky..

my game has improved alot. but i am no cash player.
  • edited November 2011
    on a plus side i did get my very first win on here just the other day. i was always the bridesmaid..  i was only stating how so many runner runner and river wins happen for bad callers who manage to get lucky.. my game has improved alot. but i am no cash player.
    Posted by bigal36903
    Hi bigal mate , i know exactly what you mean in ure OP .

I dont care who wants to ridicule , dohhh , daveyzzz etc etc.

The fact is i have played ample games at ALL formats since i signed up well over 2 yrs ago and it is pretty AMAZING how these 1 outers and runner runners are so ultra consistent.

There is something somewhere that states that the software is supposed to create a fair and even game , perhaps there is more to that than we all give it credit for.

Who knows eh ?? xx
  • edited November 2011
    an even game would mean that your cards would hold up like they should and not get beaten as many times as they do when the odds say they should win...

i know that there are alot more hands played online. i play enough of them. i am always playing poker as i enjoy it..

• edited November 2011
    Your trips floppage last night with your AJ vs my KK ;-)    Got a lot of my chips. Still I think we both cashed :)

• edited November 2011
    heres one for u DOHHHH..

what can you do when u get a caller 9/10 of their stack with K2 os and they hit 2 pair ...  i got my chips in good and got donked...
  • edited November 2011
    heres one for u DOHHHH.. what can you do when u get a caller 9/10 of their stack with K2 os and they hit 2 pair ...  i got my chips in good and got donked...
    Posted by bigal36903

Put it out of your mind and move on to the nxt game.

This kinda thing happens all the time to Johnconnor & shanxta & nutter and all other winning players, it isn't just you, and it shouldn't stop you from making moniez  . . . . .
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: dont know what to say : Put it out of your mind and move on to the nxt game. This kinda thing happens all the time to Johnconnor & shanxta & nutter and all other winning players, it isn't just you, and it shouldn't stop you from making moniez  . . . . .
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i have done ..

the whole table was like WTF r u doing calling that for that... all regs apart from this person
  • edited November 2011
    hi bigal, i feel your pain. but dont let it get you down. last week i had a great week  ,8 winning sessions in a row, hitting everything and considering i was playing 1 level higher than i should of been it was very very profitable. sat morning mind and it was like someone hit the "big bagga boom switch" solack owned me on 2 tables, sat night i was down 3 bins. gave it a rest sunday night (hangin like a mother). last night i dropped back down a level (comfort zone) and i got dry humped again for another 3 bins. its brutal mate but and its a big but it does even its self out. i just wish variance came in smaller cycles. win one day lose the next rather than make you feel invincible 1 week and  a low life the next.   phil
  • edited November 2011
    it isnt the varience. i can take that.   it is the lucky sods hitting runner runner after they have made the bad call...
    Posted by bigal36903
    That is the variance lolz
  • edited November 2011
    i was gonna write that lol