You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

having the nuts well near enough and getting beat by a bad call

please help b4 i smash my laptop up ths happenig tomany times to me now !! I had pocket 9s wth 46000 chips in the big1 on thursdays , i raise 4000 the other guy reraise me to 10k i call and hit a 9 on the flop , he raised i push allin he calls cause he hit a Q fair enough but hit runner to make a st8 , i know it happens in poker but not a much as it does on here come on it just keep happening to me now ... Is it the same on all sites ???

Comments

• edited November 2011
    In Response to having the nuts well near enough and getting beat by a bad call:
    please help b4 i smash my laptop up ths happenig tomany times to me now !! I had pocket 9s wth 46000 chips in the big1 on thursdays , i raise 4000 the other guy reraise me to 10k i call and hit a 9 on the flop , he raised i push allin he calls cause he hit a Q fair enough but hit runner to make a st8 , i know it happens in poker but not a much as it does on here come on it just keep happening to me now ... Is it the same on all sites ???
    Posted by great
    if you moan on others site too, the answer is yes.

• edited November 2011

Odds on you did it once or twice to someone else to get to 46000 chips, but we always forget those times don't we.
  • edited November 2011

yes it's the same on other sites and it will happen live too. You should never complain about it because if you got your money in good then you want calls like this as you will win 70% of the time 
  • edited November 2011
    Its only a bad call cause he hit runner runner - but on a Queen high flop, he probably thinks he's ahead. So he was entitled to make the call.

Most of the time you are winning here after hitting the set tbh.

Don't go over board with a mid pair such as 99 - If he re-raises 10K most of the time I am folding and looking for a better spot. I'm only calling a big re-raise with QQ KK AA AK unless i'm short stacked.

If it wern't for the fact that you had hit a 9 on the flop you could have been well behind here a lot of the time.

You were unlucky not to get it through after hitting the set tbh but it does happen unfortunately.

Good luck at the tables.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to having the nuts well near enough and getting beat by a bad call:
    Posted by great
    I saw KK < KJ on 234 earlier this week. 350/1 shot. The guy with kings said nothing and didn't moan at all. Ya just gotta learn to deal with beats sir.
    There was one hand back on FullTilt that i had a year and a half ago where i had Aces, and some guy got it all in with me w/77. It came something like 237, A, 7.
    It happens sir, and if it's happening a craptonne, you need to ask yourself if it's really the poker gods that are draining your bankroll, if not yourself. so long as you get the money in good, there's no need to feel bad. I'm sure you wouldn't be posting on here if the other guy was you and you got lucky, or even if your hand held up.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: having the nuts well near enough and getting beat by a bad call:
       Odds on you did it once or twice to someone else to get to 46000 chips, but we always forget those times don't we.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    al take your views on board guys cheers it just seem you get punished for playin good poker ..
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: having the nuts well near enough and getting beat by a bad call:
    In Response to Re: having the nuts well near enough and getting beat by a bad call : al take your views on board guys cheers it just seem you get punished for playin good poker ..
    Posted by great

Nobody is punishing you, thats is the wrong way to think about it, you did your part getting the guy to put his stack in miles behind be happy.

These things just happen, if poker wasn't like this then rhere would not be as many players (fish) and it would be close to impossible to make money, so for me ... roll on the terrible calls from behind YEEHA.
  • edited November 2011
    rant and rave let of steam few hours u will forget all about it lol thats wot i do when it happens like some of them said 70% of the time u win there just hard luck this time