You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

rng

edited November 2011 in Area 51
I really dont know how my av stands as im to lazy to go check it and as anyone that plays cash at a decent level will agree we all get really bad beats sometimes for long periods, but over all I head in the right direction.

There is something odd I have noticed over the last couple of years and would like you guys to observe this phenom to see if its just me or what.

When I get a pair in my hole cards(lets say a pair 3s) I have noticed that once the hand is finnished and im dealt my next two hole cards that an incredable amount of times I get another 3 or whatever the pair cards were.
I should be dealt one of my paired cards on average one in every 6 and a half hands but it happens at consistantly higher ratio for me which has accumulated to an astronomical odds of this happening time after time.

Does it effect my ability to win?-No
Does it mean the game is rigged?-NO

There is only two possabilities, No 1, I have encountered a very highly unlikely event to the tune of millions to 1 about three months after I noticed this unusual occurance which has continued untill today at odds that I am too lazy to calculate or No 2,  No matter how incredable the odds some things can and still happen.

I dont know the answer but I would be willing to place a bet (keeping in mind that im really not a gambler) That it is more likely down to the rng.

My main reason for posting this is to allow people to watch and see if they encounter the same anomaly.

Its easy to check, You can even check retrospectively.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    What is this consistently higher figure?. How have you checked it?
  • edited November 2011

I hit same card more like one out of every three rather than one in six,    but its like winning a flip 9 times in a row missing one and then hitting nine times in a row consistantly

• edited November 2011
    plus i checked my history to see if i was imagining it
  • edited November 2011
    A fair few in the past have picked up on oddish occurances like this one , ie getting the same denomination of hole cards very consistently throughout an mtt , ya know like J 7 for instance.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: rng:
    A fair few in the past have picked up on oddish occurances like this one , ie getting the same denomination of hole cards very consistently throughout an mtt , ya know like J 7 for instance.
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Well im not even remotely thinking its fixed as you probably know,  I also understand that it is nearly impossable to get a perfect rng , but If a human can notice a pattern if indeed this is a pattern and not simply odds being akin to being hit by an airplane while asleep in bed Then something is wrong.

For me, I dont have an axe to grind as I have done very well from skypoker, Part of doing well in poker is to notice patterns.

If I gave my hand history to a mathamatician, Im quiet confident he would conclude that what has happened is statistically highly unlikely.