You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I knew i should have 3bet pre, but what about the fold on the flop?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic

garner909 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.93
Swog Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.87
doubleupme Sit out     
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

RJ79 Raise  £0.08 £0.14 £7.49
Robby3111 Call  £0.08 £0.22 £2.39
garner909 Fold     
Swog Call  £0.04 £0.26 £4.83
Flop

• J

Swog Bet  £0.20 £0.46 £4.63
RJ79 Raise  £0.40 £0.86 £7.09
Robby3111 Fold     
Swog Fold     
RJ79 Muck     
RJ79 Win  £0.61  £7.70
RJ79 Return  £0.20

Comments

• edited December 2011
    i had reads on RJ79, that he was willing to shove most of the top part of his range to a 3bet. Which in this situation would leave me having no choice but to fold preflop. I was also very suspicious of his min raise and then again on the flop from UTG. In the heat of the moment, i decided to play it as shown above, but the more i look at it, the more i get confused to what i should have done here.

Maybe, a squeeze play pre would give me some indication of the strength of RJ79's holding. When it come to my preflop flat, i can't understand now why i ever did that.

Now onto the flop, i'd hit TPTK on a dry(ish) looking board, so i thought now would be the time to gauge information on what im up against. To no surprise at the time i was then min raised once again, this is where i decided to fold and go with my read. Another question, was peeling another card of then re-evaluating the turn a good play in this situation. Being OOP and most likely going to be facing another bet (wether he has it or not), i opted against it.

Villians most likely holdings: JJ, QQ, KK, AA
  • edited December 2011
    If u felt he had such  a big hand why did you not fold pre, I can not think of a better hand for your AJ so the call does not make sense if your folding to this flop.