You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skypokers live tv cash game

edited December 2011 in Sky Poker Live
I really enjoyed skypokers live cash game and hope they do this on a regular basis as im getting fed up watching the same one every time it replays, The banter was good and the play was good and its nice to see the players we have played against on tv.

I listened with interest to glitterbabes interview when he talked about who he would like to play against in a big game and he said phil helmuth as he would like to put a bad beat on him to see his reaction.

It got me thinking as to my thoughts on phil poker wouldnt be the same without him helmuth.
I really like the guy and think he is obviously a really good tourny pro.
It would be different if he didnt believe himself when he gets outplayed and puts it down to the other players bad play,  But, He does believe and he acts honestly angry and is really passionate about his opinion however missguided it might be,  He sticks his neck out for all to chop off and some poker pros have openly dissrespected him in cash games verbally and you can see he is not stupid he does know the ribbing he is getting and keeps his dignity(Thats the point I most admire)as I might be inclined to leap over the table when that happens.
When he loses it, It always has to do with poker and his passion and belief in his ability and the other lack of in his opinion.
Also he does seem to have a big heart because iv watch an interview with mike the mouth who tells the cameras that when hes been broke phil stakes him.
Rock on phil helmuth I likum.

back to skypoker tv,  Please do something about the repeats, There must ne some cheap way of getting more players on tv and getting thier views heard as it makes good telly.

Ps this isnt a pop at Gb (top bloke)

Comments

• edited December 2011
     Have Sky thought about just showing selected action from the tables without any presenters to analyse it. I know this sounds rather strange but have seen this on another, inferior, poker channel, and have to say I think it would be rather more interesting than the numerous repeats currently on offer. I can't imagine it would be that expensive as it would be just like railing a table, or showing repeats from further back in time. Would be strange to see Hells Bells back on ch 865.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Skypokers live tv cash game:
     Have Sky thought about just showing selected action from the tables without any presenters to analyse it. I know this sounds rather strange but have seen this on another, inferior, poker channel, and have to say I think it would be rather more interesting than the numerous repeats currently on offer. I can't imagine it would be that expensive as it would be just like railing a table, or showing repeats from further back in time. Would be strange to see Hells Bells back on ch 865.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    I see your point bud, but we can all do that anytime and believe me, I do as obviously you do.

I think what would be a good Idea would be a kind of youtube jobby where we get some dedicated dude like irishrover to to do youtube interviews via msn or windows live and post them on skypoker, This would be very cost friendly and entertaining at the same time.

And skypoker if you take this idea, give some credit where its due!! lol,  I came up with the survivor seres many moons ago and your rep on the phone told me it sounded like a good idea and would get back to me an never did.
  • edited December 2011
    I understand your frustration at seeing repeats and we plan on recording a new UK Cash Game in March (approximately) which will be bigger and better.

However it definitely isnt as cheap as you would think to produce 'simple' programming due to crew costs, talent and can take days in an edit to put this stuff together, for example the documentary on Tikay took me well over 120 hours to shot, cut, recce etc (and mainly drag Tikay away from the duck and actually do some filming).

Also you have to remember that many channels are made up of repeats, some are dedicated to doing that only.

Under the TV section of the forum is a post regarding hands between 2am-7am. Have a read through that as it might be of interest. If we have no technical problems then we will start doing this asap and there will be less repeats.

In the New Year and with the channel moving to a new state of the art studio we will be filming more interviews, location work and some behind the scenes stuff.

All-in-all lots of new stuff coming soon!