You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TPQK NL4 v very good oppo

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
metaflop Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.75
jaybeekay Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £6.94
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

xRaise  £0.16 £0.22 £4.80
stanic222 Fold     
ZedsDeadBa Fold     
The_Don90 Call  £0.16 £0.38 £10.01
metaflop Fold     
jaybeekay Call  £0.12 £0.50 £6.82
Flop

• K
  • A

jaybeekay Check     
xBet  £0.38 £0.88 £4.42
The_Don90 Call  £0.38 £1.26 £9.63
jaybeekay Fold     
Turn

xBet  £0.95 £2.21 £3.47
The_Don90 Call  £0.95 £3.16 £8.68
River

xAll-in  £3.47 £6.63 £0.00
The_Don90 ?????
Oppo very good multitabler.

Comments

• ybyb
    edited December 2011
    just seen who the opponent is, flop is probably a fold lol
  • edited December 2011
    i would fold here it does look like hes hit 2 pair a 8 or even a 6 i dnt think u are beating much here i would sigh fold and lose the minimum 
  • edited December 2011
    just seen player as well, sure i was playing him at nl100 at the weekend :-)
  • edited December 2011
    don't get involved with very good oppo )

fold flop !!
  • edited December 2011
    He's raised 4x pre UTG and bet Ace high flop turn and river, can't he have AJ/A10 ?

Love to know who oppo is, clearly he's even tighter than me lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: TPQK NL4 v very good oppo:
    Posted by pod1
    Can't reply via FF for some reason but cheers ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Im obv missing some in joke here but call
  • edited December 2011
    Im obv missing some in joke here but call
    Posted by grantorino
    i dont think you are. the oppo has treble barreled. their a reg to a much higher level than NL4 and are a VERY SOLID player. One i have respect for too. My issue is i cant see him having AJ/AT here often enough when he barrells 3 streets.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: TPQK NL4 v very good oppo : i dont think you are. the oppo has treble barreled. their a reg to a much higher level than NL4 and are a VERY SOLID player. One i have respect for too. My issue is i cant see him having AJ/AT here often enough when he barrells 3 streets.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Don people are suggesting fold flop (Im assuming joking), so Im obv missing something

Depends if this guy is a good 4NL type ABC reg with a nitty range who knows how to vbet , or is actually a really good player capable of handreading who knows you are not a station. If its the latter I wouldnt be comfortable folding the very best hand in your range on the river. It may be a fold but I certainly dont think its a clear one.

Why you posting it if you are so sure its a fold?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: TPQK NL4 v very good oppo : Don people are suggesting fold flop (Im assuming joking), so Im obv missing something Depends if this guy is a good 4NL type ABC reg with a nitty range who knows how to vbet , or is actually a really good player capable of handreading who knows you are not a station. If its the latter I wouldnt be comfortable folding the very best hand in your range on the river. It may be a fold but I certainly dont think its a clear one. Why you posting it if you are so sure its a fold?
    Posted by grantorino
    im not sure its a fold

Umm hes a NL50 reg
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: TPQK NL4 v very good oppo : im not sure its a fold Umm hes a NL50 reg
    Posted by The_Don90
    Q. Why is oppo on your table

Q. Do you think oppo is just messing with you

Why would a NL50 Reg be playing NL4, IMO it's either not them and someone else or someone just messing with you m8'ty
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: TPQK NL4 v very good oppo : Q. Why is oppo on your table Q. Do you think oppo is just messing with you Why would a NL50 Reg be playing NL4, IMO it's either not them and someone else or someone just messing with you m8'ty
    Posted by rancid
    the oppo ive seen on NL4 a few times. It is the real guy, and for why hes here ud need to ask him. Although going by how he was playing on more than one table he wasnt messing
  • edited December 2011
    it is a nl50/100 player rancid honest, they do come down and play these levels for what reason i dont know, maybe trying a few things out or getting used to playing more tables. i recently spent a mnth back at nl4 for different reasons the main one being i got a 2nd monitor and i wanted to get used to playing 8 tables instead of 4.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: TPQK NL4 v very good oppo : im not sure its a fold Umm hes a NL50 reg
    Posted by The_Don90
    SHould have worded it better don. Is he an ABC type player or a very good player who can make moves in certain spots. Depends how he views you and on dynamic. But call turn, fold river seems a bit meh unless you know he checks back a lot, because you very rarely have a better hand than AQ when you play through streets this way
  • edited December 2011

tbh i always seen him as very tight. Maybe not ABC as i believe the oppo is good enough to make moves, however i think hes not going to make many mistakes.

Sorry my reads are a little skechy as obviously i dont know this oppo as well as i would know most NL4 pllayers, been a long time since i played NL50

• edited December 2011
    tbh i always seen him as very tight. Maybe not ABC as i believe the oppo is good enough to make moves, however i think hes not going to make many mistakes. Sorry my reads are a little skechy as obviously i dont know this oppo as well as i would know most NL4 pllayers, been a long time since i played NL50
    Posted by The_Don90

Not sure about the title I don't feel like one at the mo and there are plenty on here that would disagree.

I had been 4 tabling and playing very loose. Here I have AA.

When you call flop and turn it seems likely you have a decent A even though there is only one out there, a K that's not convinced I have an A or a draw. When the draw misses on the river I shove for value as I know your good enough to think. I expect you to call with most A's as I can't have many A's playing so loose, you can put me on a missed flush draw trying to buy the pot repping the A and by over betting I can get you to call lighter than top pair, with a K or worse. If you were drawing I’m only losing the possibility that you may bluff river if I check, but I think your good enough to fold the turn as if you call and hit you don't expect me to pay you off enough to make it worthwhile.

I think you played the hand fine, you were in a tough spot with AQ here.

For my part I got the right result because you had AQ not because I had been playing loose, it would be interesting for you to say if you would have called here with a K or lighter. You say you see me as very tight but I had been doing a lot to show that's not how I was playing in this session which highlights that even decent players who are multi tabling can miss obvious clues to your current playing style.

• edited December 2011
    Posted by pod1
    I still can't believe you hit that K on the river lol I run so well. 
  • edited December 2011
    ty for commenting again mate, tbh when i say very good i dont know you well enough. i had you on 3 of my tables i think and largley i avoided pots with you. this will be why i missed critical info. i had 6 tables up and only really focus on how people play me. This teands to allow for better soal reads, but worse overall reads. Anyways ur obv better than 99.9999999% of NL4 players, tbh having you on the table was a nice thing, it allowed me to think, v ur average NL4 player this hand isnt even posted.