You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Unsuited Aces (nl4)

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
are u serious u dnt play aces if u dnt play aces then y play poker aces are the best hand m8 

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Frankly I just dont play them, unless matched with a paint card of course.

Is this correct play?

z.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Unsiuted Aces (nl4):
    Frankly I just dont play them, unless matched with a paint card of course. Is this correct play? z.
    Posted by ZedsDeadBa
    Don't play anything worse than AT. there is better value elsewhere at NL4. Raggy aces only get you into trouble since it's not uncommon for passive players to limp call with hands like AK-AJ
  • edited December 2011
    oh unsuited as in like not connected i thought u meant a a 1 spade 1 heart or summit lol silly me yeah i wouldnt play anthing less then aj myself sometimes i play a 2 tho 
  • edited December 2011
    Ok so ur in the sb with a9 os, and its folded round to you, ur just going to fold when the chances of the bb having a better hand is far less than him having a worse hand?
  • edited December 2011
    If it's A9o in the small blind and it's folded around to me (when was the last time you saw a NL4 hand where it got to the small blind without at least one limper?) then yeah, stick in a raise but keep the pot small and be prepared to fold even if you hit an ace. Just don't see the point when there are so many spots where you TPTK will get paid off for a full buy in if your opponent makes top pair no kicker
  • edited December 2011
    Depends how confident you are in your post flop play to be honest. I never used to play them but as i have got more confident with my very limited experience i now play them no problem when the right table dynamics suit. Obviously, position is everything when it comes to marginal hands like these. I wouldnt play them under the gun on a table full of unknowns but if i am on a table full of regs i like to throw them in every now and again for balance but that is extremely rare.

Readless at NL4, leave them alone largely. If its folded around to you on in late position then fire a raise in but you have to know when to get rid of these hands at the right time. Just stick to ABC poker at NL4 and its good enough to grind a small profit over time.