You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stack Size @ NL4

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Sat at an NL4 table, and it has taken me about 2 hours to build my stack up from £4 to just over £21. I've been sat out for the last 10 minutes because there's only been 1 other player at the table. I don't know whether this is because my stack size is putting them off? Basically wondering at which point it becomes clear to people that I'm not a bad player and they don't join because they think they won't be able to beat me, or whether they'll just continue to join anyway?

Should I just be patient and wait for more people, or leave the table and join another one?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    i dnt think your £21 is putting them of i think its because people like to play full ring games if they wanted to play heads up they would i would just come of table then go back on with the max buy in of 4 nl i see this alot on higher stakes when some 1 wins big heads up playing 1/2 blinds say they win 2k and person leaves they leave themself and come back on with the maximum 
  • edited December 2011
    I'd be unlikely to sit in at a nl4 table where someone had a £21 stack, unless I had notes saying that player was a complete fish.  There's plenty of spots out there at nl4 without needing to do it.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Stack Size @ NL4:
    Sat at an NL4 table, and it has taken me about 2 hours to build my stack up from £4 to just over £21. I've been sat out for the last 10 minutes because there's only been 1 other player at the table. I don't know whether this is because my stack size is putting them off? Basically wondering at which point it becomes clear to people that I'm not a bad player and they don't join because they think they won't be able to beat me, or whether they'll just continue to join anyway? Should I just be patient and wait for more people, or leave the table and join another one?
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Cant you leave the table then rejoin again when it fills?

Z.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Just stand up and join a new table with lots of fish, staying and just admiring your stack isn't going to get you any more money.

One of the worst things I often see is players staying on a table where it's clear all the value has gone, most likely into ther stacks, but they stay and simply pass blinds with the other nits who can't bare to start again at £4.
  • edited December 2011
    if i see someone sittin with £21 on a NL4 table and i dont have notes ill sit down to see what their all about. unlikley id play em HU tho.
  • edited December 2011
    I think its the number of players at the table, I will leave a short handed table if no ones joins.