You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

500BB pot. 4 cards to dodge. Guess the river.

edited December 2011 in Area 51
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
JINTY Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.19
raggy94 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.29
 Your hole cards

daz69 Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £10.35
isisjoe18 Call  £0.16 £0.38 £4.02
The_Don90 Call  £0.16 £0.54 £13.69
JINTY Fold     
raggy94 Fold     
Flop

• J
  • Q

daz69 Bet  £0.54 £1.08 £9.81
isisjoe18 Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  £1.76 £2.84 £11.93
daz69 Raise  £2.44 £5.28 £7.37
The_Don90 Raise  £6.10 £11.38 £5.83
daz69 All-in  £7.37 £18.75 £0.00
The_Don90 Call  £2.49 £21.24 £3.34
daz69 Show
  • Q
  • J

The_Don90 Show

Turn

River

• Q

daz69 Win Full House, Queens and Jacks £19.84  £19.84

Comments

• edited December 2011
    With two pair after the flop the oppo needed one of four cards still in the deck to FH. So committing before the turn is:

4/47 * 2/1 = roughly 1/6 or 5-1; not exactly a long odds draw?

Personally, I would have taken the hint with the £1.76 (44 BB) re-raise, although on these tables there'll always be oppos who just ain't gonna put down two pair in pictures - and of course it depends on how you've been playing in earlier hands. After the re-re-raise I think I would have thought, in your seat, two pair (in which case the 17%-ish risk of a FH is there) or he's got a better set than three 7s? A what point do you lay down a bottom set?

A matter of style, of course, and I suspect you're a much better player than I'll ever be, but this looks to be another example of being drawn into playing a hand where the risk of being overtaken doesn't justify the amount having to be chucked into the pot to play through.

Better cards in future.

• edited December 2011
    only 6 combos of hands beat me. AA and KK both probably play the same way too. QJ aswell. No chance im folding bottom set. ill take 80% every day of the week. if he has QQ/JJ then so be it.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: 500BB pot. 4 cards to dodge. Guess the river.:
    With two pair after the flop the oppo needed one of four cards still in the deck to FH. So committing before the turn is: 4/47 * 2/1 = roughly 1/6 or 5-1; not exactly a long odds draw? Personally, I would have taken the hint with the £1.76 (44 BB) re-raise, although on these tables there'll always be oppos who just ain't gonna put down two pair in pictures - and of course it depends on how you've been playing in earlier hands. After the re-re-raise I think I would have thought, in your seat, two pair (in which case the 17%-ish risk of a FH is there) or he's got a better set than three 7s? A what point do you lay down a bottom set? A matter of style, of course, and I suspect you're a much better player than I'll ever be, but this looks to be another example of being drawn into playing a hand where the risk of being overtaken doesn't justify the amount having to be chucked into the pot to play through. Better cards in future.
    Posted by Goethe

is never about the odds on it happening,it about the frequency it happens when you all in. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Aren't the two related? On second thoughts, nah . . . not on this site.
  • edited December 2011
    only 6 combos of hands beat me. AA and KK both probably play the same way too. QJ aswell. No chance im folding bottom set. ill take 80% every day of the week. if he has QQ/JJ then so be it.
    Posted by The_Don90
    That's regardless of how much you've got to chuck in to see it through to the finish?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: 500BB pot. 4 cards to dodge. Guess the river. : That's regardless of how much you've got to chuck in to see it through to the finish?
    Posted by Goethe
    ok so say i flat his next re-raise and i flat the turn. I have to put him on QQ/JJ or QJ to fold the river again. suddenly now theirs only one combo of QQ so thats unlikley 3 conbos of JJ so possible. and 6 combos of QJ.

So in total by the river their 10 combos of hand that beat me. Theres 000's of hands he can have and only 10 of them beat me. Chances are i still cant fold and go broke.

• edited December 2011
    rake maxxing at its best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!