You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

harsh :( cant believe villain was happy top go all in with 55 lol

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
xstuartSmall blind £0.05£0.05£19.00IDONKCALLUBig blind £0.10£0.15£22.77 Your hole cardsKK   salad24Raise £0.40£0.55£3.1419577All-in £12.33£12.88£0.00xstuartFold    IDONKCALLUCall £12.23£25.11£10.54salad24All-in £3.14£28.25£0.00IDONKCALLUShowKK   salad24ShowQA   19577Show55   Flop  A8A   Turn  5   River  7   19577WinFull House, 5s and Aces£26.85 £26.85

Comments

• edited December 2011
    seen similar on NL4 last night. Some guy 5b shoved with 5;s over another guy who had aces. The 5 hit there too.

Umm looking at this hand, i wana say BBY but you dont even come second lol. :O on the positivies you got it in a massive favrotie.
  • edited December 2011
    lol yeah didnt even come secong tbh i wasnt fussed if salad won as he was small stack just wanted to scoop the bigger pot against the 5s just amazing that any 1 thinks 55 is a all in lol but canty moan i was happy what he had just unlucky thats poker 
  • edited December 2011
    this belongs in the clinic [ ] 

bad beat yawn zzzz
  • edited December 2011
    Stop posting pointless threads mate it's really starting to grate now and what's worse is you make sure each title is at least 2-3 lines long so the first page just looks like a total mess and is filled with it. Also is it really so hard to start a thread title with a capital letter?
  • edited December 2011
    Just like circle......................Pointless !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011

IDONK.....

No prob posting as much as u want, but put hands up where you're looking for advice on your play, not just to show off bad beats/crazy hands/the size of ur stack etc....

Also, if you wanna tell us something about the hand, ur thoughts/reads etc, you can write it in the actual post before you paste in the hand.

• edited December 2011
    ok dohhh cheers for the advice im new to all this posting lark gonna do less posting and more playing :)
  • edited December 2011
    LOL you still don't get it do ya...... You can post all you want but try and make them meaningful with short titles.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: harsh :( cant believe villain was happy top go all in with 55 lol:
    LOL you still don't get it do ya...... You can post all you want but try and make them meaningful with short titles.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    This!

+ the amount u have posted this last week u cant be considered to be new ;) 670+
  • edited December 2011
    nope dont get it im silly sorry i stick 2 what im good at getting drunk and playing poker instead of posting stuff :)
  • edited December 2011
    NO WE ARE SAYNG DONT POST HANDS WHICH ARE BAD BEATS, or u can but post in BBV

or dont post hands which amuse you/tilt u/get lucky because this is the poker clinic and for ppl to post actual problem hands which they are unsure of what the correct play is or want to see how others would play it.

Dont take any offence which im sure u havent but just wanted to clear up any confusion
  • edited December 2011
    no offence taken m8 i know ya all here to help and trying to improve are games but tbh with ya i dunno y i do post i know what im doing and i dnt think there is much needed to tweak my game i do learn every day can only learn by playing right not by posting :) 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: harsh :( cant believe villain was happy top go all in with 55 lol:
    no offence taken m8 i know ya all here to help and trying to improve are games but tbh with ya i dunno y i do post i know what im doing and i dnt think there is much needed to tweak my game i do learn every day can only learn by playing right not by posting :) 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Wow, if you are so good you dont need any help stop posting standard hands in the clinic. Im pretty sure though you could learn something by posting here, but posting relevant hands with relevant info would help a lot with this. Sure you learn by playing, you can also learn by posting and reading forums. If this one is below your standards there are some others you can try

If you do want to learn by posting I would suggest the following:

1. Stop posting standard bad beat/brag hands

2. Write short relevant thread titles. Include thought process etc with hand history in 1st post

3 Post reads with your hands. Also edit out villains names, leaving name in and typing lol or slating their play is bad form imo. Reads are vital though if you want decent advice

4. Use capital letters, paragraphs, less text speak etc. Easily readable posts make people more willing to spend time writing detailed replies.

GL
  • edited December 2011
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Come on Donk, you surely know that is a ludicrous statement to make.

And of course you can learn by posting. I don't know anything about your game only that it's obviously not absolutely brilliant or you wouldn't be playing micro stakes. Yes I know you've said you used to play higher but if you're game was that good, you'd consistently be playing higher levels than 4NL-10NL. I'm not trying to put you down but of course you can learn from posting here, there are some VERY good players who frequent the clinic.
  • edited December 2011
    P.S. yeah, shorter titles and less brags/bad beats/coolers. Just try and post hands where you felt unsure what to do. E.G. if you flop quads and the villian keeps leading into you for 3/4 pot, don't post it, it serves no use. But if you want tips on how you should play your draws in certain situations against certain opponents, or how to get max value from your best hands, when you can value bet etc, get it in.