You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM - 3bet pre w/KK facing AAx flop

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
No reads.
Dudeskin8 Small blind   10.00 10.00 2000.00
pope666 Big blind   20.00 30.00 1447.50
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

slimjim555 Raise   80.00 110.00 1920.00
jaycall Fold        
mancity11 Fold        
hugh65 Fold        
Dudeskin8 Raise   300.00 410.00 1700.00
pope666 Fold        
slimjim555 Call   230.00 640.00 1690.00
Flop

• A
  • A

Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited December 2011
    If you had the Ace you would check. If he does he may check. With position he may put in a small bet to keep you in and at that time try the  re-raise to test his resolve. If he re-raises fold. If he doesn,t you have the best hand.
  • edited December 2011
    awkward 

Less likely oppo has an ace but not sure if to b/f or check

may check the majority
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - 3bet pre w/KK facing AAx flop:
    If you had the Ace you would check. If he does he may check. With position he may put in a small bet to keep you in and at that time try the  re-raise to test his resolve. If he re-raises fold. If he doesn,t you have the best hand.
    Posted by gracie24

The re raise only gets called by better and worse folds, not good to turn KK into a bluff here, calling would be fine.

• edited December 2011
    Check or b/f rly small.
  • edited December 2011
    Nasty. I think u can find arguments for leading and checking here. But its so awkward oop, especially as he could have jj or qq, and he would prob call 1 bet, which means if u then check the turn, he might take advantage.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I have to say I like my hand here, the board is tailor-made for the vast majority (imo) of low-limit DYMers to stack off with inferior pairs. I would check the flop, being 90% certain he doesn't have the A if he makes any decent bet. I'm expecting most players to check or silly min bet As here. If he checks then I can start to suspect an A and I've also accomplished one of my goals in that scenario, to take out a round of betting to help keep the pot small. So similarly if he redic min bets I flat call. If he makes any sizable bet I usually make a small raise and get it in but I might flat against some opponents and sandbag that way. If he does slow-play the flop and turn (therefore making me suspect an A) but then makes a really weak bet on the river as well, I'll go ahead and raise the river for value.