You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*advertising* the fact I'm insane

GliterBabe Small blind   £1.50 £1.50 £378.65
ELLOCO Big blind   £3.00 £4.50 £142.34
  Your hole cards

CHEEZY67 Fold        
Z1 Fold        
FLASH260 Call   £3.00 £7.50 £238.52
F_Ivanovic Raise   £12.00 £19.50 £375.02
GliterBabe Raise   £37.50 £57.00 £341.15
ELLOCO Fold        
FLASH260 Fold        
F_Ivanovic Raise   £72.00 £129.00 £303.02
GliterBabe Call   £45.00 £174.00 £296.15
Flop

• A

GliterBabe Check        
F_Ivanovic Bet   £58.00 £232.00 £245.02
GliterBabe Raise   £116.00 £348.00 £180.15
F_Ivanovic All-in   £245.02 £593.02 £0.00
GliterBabe Fold        
F_Ivanovic Show

F_Ivanovic Win   £591.22   £591.22

Comments

• edited October 2009
    agree, you are f insane imo

and i'm pretty lag
  • edited October 2009
    mr abramovic i mean ivanovic you have too much money, why dont you throw some my way if you dont want it lol
  • edited October 2009

not sure what people will think about you leaving the players name there though

• edited October 2009
    Well it's a great advert.  Had you any previous playing knowledge of Gliterbabe?  Post flop you shove their check/min re-raise.  I'm hoping you have got a fairly good picture of how they play.  Out of interest what hand did you have them on?
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: *advertising* the fact I'm insane:
    not sure what people will think about you leaving the players name there though
    Posted by porkerman
    i doubt glitterbabe will care, he ain't pathetic.

in fact he will like the fact that Ivanovic posted what he has.

what did you put GB on Ivan?  Think he folded something like AQ or was it total air? 

your line PF looks so strong I'm really confused what he flats with and min raises flop then folds....

what was the table dynamic like?  was you all being spewy or was you playing pretty snug?
  • edited October 2009
    Looking at the hand from GB's point of view (and assuming they have a neutral view of Ivanovic) I think he may have gone for a little next level play that is quite impressive and would work against the right person.

Ivanovic has raised and then four bet GB's raise.  That should narrow the range down substantially to premium hands.  A 7 6 flop is gin for AA, great for AK but the worst flop in the world for KK-JJ.  GB now check raises to represent AK/AQ (I hate the min raise though, if you're going to do it, do it proper).  KK-JJ should now be mucking and the all in should point to at least AK if not trip aces.

While at first glance I though GB had AQ I'm starting to think it was a very creative play that didn't come off on this occasion.  If GB is out there I think everyone would love to know the cards if you're willing to spill.
  • edited October 2009
    Looking at the hand from GB's point of view (and assuming they have a neutral view of Ivanovic)
    Posted by TommyD
    somewhat unlikely assumption
  • edited November 2009
    sorry meant to post a follow up reply here but forgot. Anyone who has watched me play knows I'm capable of making spewy plays and wild bluffs. However, I was playing smugly that session and hadn't been very aggro at all (mostly because of a lack of cards :P )

GB is also usually very tight and doesn't re-raise that lightly. However I';d noticed in a previous hand getting out of line a bit, and also that she was re-raising a bit more often than usual pre. Also GB knows that I give her a lot of credit usually meaning that if I 4bet here for value it's only ever with AA and KK.

When I bet small and she re-raises me I just couldn't put her on a hand that would play this way and then call a shove. Knowing how tight she is it just doesn't make sense at all for her to raise AA on the flop. AK I can see definately but knowing how tight she is also thought she might sometimes fold given the strength I am repping. Also if I was up against AK I know at least I'm not drawing dead. But mainly I thought it was likely to be AQ or a TT-KK not wanting to call but also not wanting to give it up because of my v. small flop bet.

As it turns out I was right and she had QQ... :)

• edited November 2009
    Ivan 1stly u are a geek, and u have posted this as a brag to show off zzzzzzzzzzzz! No1 cares pinocchio, post something useful or GTFO IMO
  • edited November 2009

For the record, "GB" (Glitter Babe), described as "she", is male - very Male - not female.
  • edited November 2009
    cant  belive  he  won  that  hand  with   76 os
  • edited November 2009
    Very nice play Ivanovic.

I imagine GB let the timer go town thinking about it, but gutsy call and using the flop to advantage is something i love to do, although your a much better reader than me.
  • edited November 2009
    For the record, "GB" (Glitter Babe), described as "she", is male - very Male - not female.
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol ty tikay.... I've actually gone back and forth thinking GB was a he to a she, but he's never actually pointed out to me that I was wrong when calling him a her :P
  • edited November 2009
    He's Gerrard9s brother
  • edited November 2009

Yes, so now we know about GliterBabe & Gerrard9.

There is another member of that Crew, too, who's alias I don't think it's fair to reveal here. She IS Female, & she is one of the UK's best Female Tournament players, & the only player, iirc, male or female, to win back-to-back GUKPT Side Events, no chops, no business, no deals. And she'll be at the SPT Leg one this Saturday.
  • edited November 2009
    Hmmmm very interesting post Ivan ( Chirp chirp chirp ) , not that I really see the point of it..We all bluff and make moves from time to time. IMO i made 2 mistakes here, not shoving pre and only min raising on flop. I wanted to show strength but also get away from a shove from you...I guess its good for the ego to rub my nose in it...Next time you will pass....

GB..
  • edited November 2009
    Ivan I have seen you make sicker bluffs and far worse calls, ....why post this one? boost your ego ?  try and show off as James pointed out? Really dont think this is an amazing play here, correct read yes, and gb also made correct fold giving the info imo.
    Just do not see the point apart from bragging or trying to advertise a respected players mistake which imo is rude!
  • edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    When I bet small and she re-raises me I just couldn't put her on a hand that would play this way and then call a shove. Knowing how tight she is it just doesn't make sense at all for her to raise AA on the flop.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

She's getting like a gabillion:1 and is therefore not folding AK

and this is a rly bad line /w QQ if he rly had that.
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry I didn't mean to rub your nose it in GB, far from it.... and yes Sharksbite I've made sicker bluffs and sick/sometimes awful calls but it's not like I had any of them saved anywhere or remembered to post.

I just thought I'd give something back to the community by showing how many different levels you can think on during a poker hand. Sometimes it works out, other times I get snapped off by AK/AA/AQ etc and I look foolish... I'll post one of them hands next time if you want :D

I actually thought pre-flop was more interesting in that I know what you have (to a degree - you were playing looser that night tho) and you know that I know that, but instead of folding, I decide to rep the biggest hand (hoping that that's not what you have/or KK)... I mean you say not shoving QQ was a mistake but I'm pretty sure when I 4bet you usually that shoving QQ might not be a +ev play.
  • edited November 2009
    What happens if there is a Q instead of the A. You try and rep QQ instead? haha that would have been fun to see.
  • edited November 2009
    Yes, so now we know about GliterBabe & Gerrard9. There is another member of that Crew, too, who's alias I don't think it's fair to reveal here. She IS Female, & she is one of the UK's best Female Tournament players, & the only player, iirc, male or female, to win back-to-back GUKPT Side Events, no chops, no business, no deals. And she'll be at the SPT Leg one this Saturday.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Its siana casaletto gerrard's other half, that right tikay?? whats her screen name??