You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE CLUB - Tournament

YoungUn - England.

Maybe it could be a good idea to divide England into North and South just so that the numbers of the English won't ridiculously outweigh the numbers of the other countries?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Hi Guys,

I've been reading some of you ideas for The Club and I want to gauge how much interest there would be for an online "Nation Sit n Go"".

The idea is that, depending on interest, we would have either an STT or an MTT, the buyin would be approximately £11,

A third of said prize pool would be "withheld for a "Winners Sit N Go".  The final prize money would then be awarded in relation to finishing positions as the nations champs go head to head with Matt and Dan thrown in the mix as well.

Edit: To make it fairer it would be qualifying tournaments - and if you don't win the first - you have further opportunities to try and nab your seat.

Cheers
    Aisling
  • edited June 2009
    Or maybe as counties?

Do SkyPoker have anyone outside the UK playing?
  • edited June 2009
    On reflection, having 4 qualifying MTTS would probably be more interesting, rather than trying to deal with the disparity in numbers of players for each country; and indeed fairer to you the players.

If there is a significant interest, i will organise the competition and announce it on The Club at the start of the next series.

So - get posting!
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: THE CLUB - Nation Sit n Go tournament:
    Or maybe as counties? Do SkyPoker have anyone outside the UK playing?
    Posted by S1DEWINDER
    I'm not strictly certain with regards to whether players outside the UK can play - so rather than give you an incorrect answer - i will ask some one who can tell you "categorically".... 

Cheers

Aisling
  • edited June 2009
    Sounds brilliant!!

Mon the Scots!!
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: THE CLUB - tournament:
    In Response to Re: THE CLUB - Nation Sit n Go tournament : I'm not strictly certain with regards to whether players outside the UK can play - so rather than give you an incorrect answer - i will ask some one who can tell you "categorically"....  Cheers Aisling
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    Anyone who has registered an account with sky bet/ bingo/ poker / vegas and passed verification can play on the poker tables. A few countries do have gambling laws so we are therefore unable to accept them as customers (this includes the USA and a couple of countries in Europe) but the majority of nationalities will be able to register and play on our poker tables .

thanks,

Rich
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: THE CLUB - Qualifiers:
    On reflection, having 4 qualifying MTTS would probably be more interesting, rather than trying to deal with the disparity in numbers of players for each country; and indeed fairer to you the players.
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    And I take it that the top X players from each MTT will play in the final S'N'G with Dan and Matt? Or would it be winner-take-all to make it 6-handed? (Dan + Matt + 4 winners)
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: THE CLUB - Qualifiers:
    In Response to Re: THE CLUB - Qualifiers : And I take it that the top X players from each MTT will play in the final S'N'G with Dan and Matt? Or would it be winner-take-all to make it 6-handed? (Dan + Matt + 4 winners)
    Posted by YoungUn

There would be a pay out structure for the original MTT of which a predetermined part (i.e. 1/3 subject to confirmation)
     of the prize pool would be retained for the Sit n Go.

Thereby, it would be that the winner who progresses through to the Sit n go, but the people who have done well in the qualifiers don't finish empty handed...

Tell me if that's clear - if not I will have another go ;-)

Obviously nothing is confirmed yet - we're just trying to find out if this is something that you as a community would be interested in!

• edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: THE CLUB - tournament : Anyone who has registered an account with sky bet/ bingo/ poker / vegas and passed verification can play on the poker tables. A few countries do have gambling laws so we are therefore unable to accept them as customers (this includes the USA and a couple of countries in Europe) but the majority of nationalities will be able to register and play on our poker tables . thanks, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    What numbers do SkyPoker get for players outside of the UK?
  • edited June 2009
    Hi Ling,
    You can pencil me in as well.
    Any thoughts on the club mini live events?

Col(England)
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: THE CLUB - Qualifiers : There would be a pay out structure for the original MTT of which a predetermined part (i.e. 1/3 subject to confirmation)  of the prize pool would be retained for the Sit n Go. Thereby, it would be that the winner who progresses through to the Sit n go, but the people who have done well in the qualifiers don't finish empty handed... Tell me if that's clear - if not I will have another go ;-) Obviously nothing is confirmed yet - we're just trying to find out if this is something that you as a community would be interested in!
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    As clear as day Ling, thank you :)
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: THE CLUB - tournament : What numbers do SkyPoker get for players outside of the UK?
    Posted by S1DEWINDER
    It's hard for me to give you very accurate figures quickly on this but we are a predominantly UK based poker card room and have a small proportion of players from outside the UK
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: THE CLUB - Tournament:
    Hi Ling, You can pencil me in as well. Any thoughts on the club mini live events? Col(England)
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Hi Colin,

I am looking into it and trying to ascertain what requirements / resources etc that we will need. We have loads of incredibly exciting , and i'm not one to use those words lightly, projects lined up for the next year, so it's a case of finding a suitable time and place.

I hope that this mini online event will "take the edge off" while I work through the details ;-)

And it's great to have you on board!

Aisling
  • edited June 2009
  • edited June 2009
    i would enjoy a shot at this, i am not a big name like the other's posting in this thread, i dont have their bankroll or skill but,i think even the little guy's (like me) would enjoy the chance to play matt and dan and fans of the club would find that a good prize in itself.

Of course i would still take the cash if i won any though :)
  • edited June 2009
    I do like a Home Nations Championship type idea. England vs Scotland vs Wales vs Ireland (Would that just be Northern?)

Unsure where you get the Sky Poker Anaylsts in - maybe have them as the 5th team...?
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: THE CLUB - Tournament:
    I do like a Home Nations Championship type idea. England vs Scotland vs Wales vs Ireland (Would that just be Northern?) Unsure where you get the Sky Poker Anaylsts in - maybe have them as the 5th team...?
    Posted by S1DEWINDER
    I live in Somerset, for the tourne, instead of england v scotland v wales v ireland, make it heats for each region, for instance south west, wales, south, south east, west, east midlands etc, then the winners of those heats or MTT's go through and represent there region and also work out which region has the best poker players!!!!

wot does everyone else think???
  • edited June 2009

this sounds like a good idea as dose mr mbor club live

DAIBOOT WALES

• edited June 2009
    Hi guys,

Having looked into it, dividing into regions is not going to work. It makes it far harder for players based in certain "communities" as there is just a far greater number and therefore smaller chance of winning.

In order to be as fair as possible, I will settle on qualifiers, but it looks like there is some interest so i will set about organising it.

Hope that explains the reasoning.

A