You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

are the dym's actually worth playing?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi people, have recently started playing on sky again and decided to give the dym's a chance.  I have played in 18 since the start of december at the £5.50 level and spent £99 and have cashed 12 times (i dont know if this is good or not but id like to think its ok) having won £120 back.  My point is, is thier any real money to be made here or am i just playing a loosing game any thoughts.

Comments

• edited December 2011
    In Response to are the dym's actually worth playing?:
    Hi people, have recently started playing on sky again and decided to give the dym's a chance.  I have played in 18 since the start of december at the £5.50 level and spent £99 and have cashed 12 times (i dont know if this is good or not but id like to think its ok) having won £120 back.  My point is, is thier any real money to be made here or am i just playing a loosing game any thoughts.
    Posted by wenelinho
    20% Profit!!

I dont think Marks and Spencers have such an impressive bottom line....

Well done.

Z.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks z never thought of it that way it just seems like a major grind for 21 quid every time i loose one i have to win another 3 just to get it back lol.

i have to put in that i am not multi tabling maybe it would help but i just wanted to test the water before jumping over the edge
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: are the dym's actually worth playing?:
    thanks z never thought of it that way it just seems like a major grind for 21 quid every time i loose one i have to win another 3 just to get it back lol. i have to put in that i am not multi tabling maybe it would help but i just wanted to test the water before jumping over the edge
    Posted by wenelinho
    I guess you just build it up one table at a time.

Before you know it youll be multi- tabling eighteen at a time ;o))

Crikey, Times that by 30 days thats £600!

;o))

• edited December 2011
    well since you put it that way i think i should be playing more, maybe its just my mindset more than anything else the only reason i made this post is because i went out qq against a j in the cut off.  would of made it 5 in a row so i was a lil peeved of 

:)

• edited December 2011
    play more tables as they are easy to play, then u earn more £ and hour

they are very profitable on here imo so many ppl dont understand them so alot of value

well done so far thats impressive start but not alot of volume stick with it and if u keep that up thats very good. 

GL
  • edited December 2011
    play more tables as they are easy to play, then u earn more £ and hour they are very profitable on here imo so many ppl dont understand them so alot of value well done so far thats impressive start but not alot of volume stick with it and if u keep that up thats very good.  GL
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    thanks like i said in the previous post maybe its just my mind set more than anything else.  I think tommorow i might up it to 2 tables at a time :S  scary stuff haha 
  • edited December 2011
    Yep seems it at first if u find its too fast and will affect ur win rate then go back to 1, but if u have them side by side on mini or full should be ok. 

• edited December 2011
    Yep seems it at first if u find its too fast and will affect ur win rate then go back to 1, but if u have them side by side on mini or full should be ok. 
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    sound advice, i suppose all i can do is give it a go.  I cant see it being a massive leap onto 2 tables as u have said the games seem very simple.  Im of this week so maybe i can make a nice addtion to my bank roll.

:))
  • edited December 2011
    DYMs are only really profitable if multitabling.

If you are worried about trying it, maybe drop down to the £1.15s or whatever just to get used to playing 3/4 tables at a time.
  • edited December 2011
    DYMs are only really profitable if multitabling. If you are worried about trying it, maybe drop down to the £1.15s or whatever just to get used to playing 3/4 tables at a time.
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    thanks for the advice.  i think im going to start multi tabling tonight, when the blinds get to 100/200 ill open the second table that way i can get myself set into each game before opening the next.  Ive always been very reluctant to multi table but in my mind i know the only way i can make this dym thing work is to do it.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: are the dym's actually worth playing? : thanks for the advice.  i think im going to start multi tabling tonight, when the blinds get to 100/200 ill open the second table that way i can get myself set into each game before opening the next.  Ive always been very reluctant to multi table but in my mind i know the only way i can make this dym thing work is to do it. thanks :)
    Posted by wenelinho
    Yeh, staggering the start times is a good idea as the higher the blinds the more you need to pay attention to that particular table.

Good luck : ) they'll never be as profitable as high stakes cash but there are a quite a few players who make decent money in these.