You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why won't he play me?

2»

Comments

• edited December 2011
    when i played at spt in luton last year "rumours"
     were he had a 100k roll on here. only a youngster too!!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Why won't he play me?:
    when i played at spt in luton last year "rumours"  were he had a 100k roll on here. only a youngster too!!
    Posted by pod1
    I is sooo jealous!
  • edited December 2011
    good luck to the guy hes obviously done alot of hardwork 2 reach where he is 
  • edited December 2011
    good luck to the guy hes obviously done alot of hardwork 2 reach where he is 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Sorry Donk but you are just like a complete catalogue of poker cliches and it is insane for you to say Sparce would definitely take Redmond down HU. I'm not saying not saying Redmond would crush Sparce either but as many have said, it would be VERY even and likely come down to basic variance, coolers/flips etc.

Redmond doesn't play HU with Sparce because even if he did think he had a small edge, why play someone you can be 6/10 times, when he could play a fish he can be 9/10 times. It's the basic rule of poker...play against players worse than you.

It's like saying (if you assume Phil Ivey is number 1 in the world), why wouldnt Phil Ivey wanna play against the 5th best guy in the world, well he could beat him cos he's better but why not play the 100th best guy in the world and crush him?
  • edited December 2011
    we all have are own opinion lambert and thats my opinion 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Why won't he play me? : I think if reds sat down at Sparce's table then he would play, as seen on mastercash he will happily play against other big winners HU such as LOL_RAISE Oh and i was talking to a very high stakes HU player a couple weeks ago, and he said there were quite a few players beter than lolufold (and he has played against nearly all the top regs)
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    i think what you have to consider sometimes is that some players have a game that maybe your good against. Others will have a game your worse against.

e.g. Reds could be easy for some because their oppos his play suits there style. Where as to others would have to adapt. i fully believe that the best players can adapt bu u gta get ur readz first.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Why won't he play me? : i think what you have to consider sometimes is that some players have a game that maybe your good against. Others will have a game your worse against. e.g. Reds could be easy for some because their oppos his play suits there style. Where as to others would have to adapt. i fully believe that the best players can adapt bu u gta get ur readz first.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Gd post this imo , what do you think of the comment made earlier that reds WOULD beat the likes of me and you 9 out of 10 times ?

surely thats optimistic.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Why won't he play me? : Gd post this imo , what do you think of the comment made earlier that reds WOULD beat the likes of me and you 9 out of 10 times ? surely thats optimistic.
    Posted by debdobs_67
    lol debs 10/10 for u obviously :) im saying although we play hu lower he would still have such a big edge we would only win if we are lucky or variance.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Why won't he play me? : Gd post this imo , what do you think of the comment made earlier that reds WOULD beat the likes of me and you 9 out of 10 times ? surely thats optimistic.
    Posted by debdobs_67
    in my opinion lots of facotrs have to be taken into consideration

Variance
    Tiredness
    Consentration
    Water
    Have you been to the bathroom
    Are you comfortable, sitting and in roll

Those are just some i cba to think of them all atm however i rekon theres so many variables as to why people such as you or me could beat reds once in a while.

Take for example, id play dohhh or young gun HU probably most days of the week. Put Greghogg next to me and im hitting sit out quicker than Erick Sidel made his millions.

However this does nt mean that with the right variables at the right time i wont play and beat greg.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Why won't he play me? : lol debs 10/10 for u obviously :) im saying although we play hu lower he would still have such a big edge we would only win if we are lucky or variance.
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    ;)No way over time could i be a consistent winner vs reds OR any of these players but for the likes of me , you don etc i just very very much doubt reds OR any of them would beat us 9-1 in a hu match.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Why won't he play me? : ;) No way over time could i be a consistent winner vs reds OR any of these players but for the likes of me , you don etc i just very very much doubt reds OR any of them would beat us 9-1 in a hu match.
    Posted by debdobs_67
    It can happen i lost 5-0nil to M4D so anything can happen but im just making a point that he has played 100 times similar ppl to us so it wont be a shock or anything and the main reason our end will win is luck/variance
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Why won't he play me? : It can happen i lost 5-0nil to M4D so anything can happen but im just making a point that he has played 100 times similar ppl to us so it wont be a shock or anything and the main reason our end will win is luck/variance
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    but thats because u needs to learn how to play the game
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Why won't he play me? : but thats because u needs to learn how to play the game
    Posted by The_Don90
    pfft fdskjgkldsjklgdfjdfk
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Why won't he play me? : lol debs 10/10 for u obviously :) im saying although we play hu lower he would still have such a big edge we would only win if we are lucky or variance.
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Well technically if he plays better than us we only ever win when we get lucky

If we are talking about HU sngs for someone to expect to win more than 9/10 would be a huge edge. I would think a decent micro stakes winning hu player could expect to win more than 1/10 v some of the names mentioned here. they would be a pretty big dog longterm, but over a few games I doubt it. Who hasnt lost 2,3 SNGs in a row to a fish

If its HU cash it would depend a lot on stack depth and how many hands we define as a game. Also there are ways to reduce a better players edge. But I wouldnt think someone like redmonds edge over a low stakes winning hu player would be anymore than the lowstakes player over a complete fish. And we dont always win v them in the short run.
  • edited December 2011
    why dnt we all have a beeer n get hammered thats the best idea