You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

yet another suck out

edited December 2011 in Area 51
FML
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Curt360x27 Sit out     
The_Don90 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £28.62
salad24 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £30.75
 Your hole cards

dunni18 Fold     
xRaise  £1.50 £2.25 £122.00
paythedr24 Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  £4.25 £6.50 £24.37
salad24 Fold     
xCall  £3.00 £9.50 £119.00
Flop

The_Don90 Bet  £7.13 £16.63 £17.24
xCall  £7.13 £23.76 £111.87
Turn

• Q

The_Don90 All-in  £17.24 £41.00 £0.00
xCall  £17.24 £58.24 £94.63
The_Don90 Show

xShow
  • Q

River

• K

xWin Two Pairs, Queens and 2s £56.44  £151.07

Comments

• edited December 2011
    q 2 is the nutz. that sucks to be fair. i dont mind being out played but things like this really do get my goat.

• edited December 2011
    I am going to try the impossible here and do an Area 51 Devil's Advocate. 

Could he have put you on AK? They always put me on AK.
    Could he have been planning on floating the flop and then shoving any turn check on a decent scare card?
    When you shove the turn, what hand are you repping that beats two pair? 

I know, I am probably over thinking it. If he doesn't bink the Q turn (or a 2) then he's folding and you're making money. Sucks, but just wondered if any of the above is possible if you took this hand in isolation...

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: yet another suck out:
    I am going to try the impossible here and do an Area 51 Devil's Advocate.  Could he have put you on AK? They always put me on AK. Could he have been planning on floating the flop and then shoving any turn check on a decent scare card? When you shove the turn, what hand are you repping that beats two pair?  I know, I am probably over thinking it. If he doesn't bink the Q turn (or a 2) then he's folding and you're making money. Sucks, but just wondered if any of the above is possible if you took this hand in isolation...
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    in responce im actually glad youve tried to break this hand down dave. allows me to see it from the oppos posision more often than not.

Tbh i planned for the float by being prepared to shove any turn as shown in the hand. Also the pot being more than my stack helps that.

tbh i think the biggest issue with this hand is i dont understnad my opponents stance. Just curious to what people see my 3b raqnge from the blinds as
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: yet another suck out : in responce im actually glad youve tried to break this hand down dave. allows me to see it from the oppos posision more often than not. Tbh i planned for the float by being prepared to shove any turn as shown in the hand. Also the pot being more than my stack helps that. tbh i think the biggest issue with this hand is i dont understnad my opponents stance. Just curious to what people see my 3b raqnge from the blinds as
    Posted by The_Don90
    Something like:

66+
    KJs+
    KQo+
    A7s+
    ATo+

...and I'd consider that a wide range! A fair chunk of that range misses the flop, tbf.

Oh, and really going to fire any turn? I am not sure I am a fan of that. What if it's an offsuit Ace? 

Edit: You'd flat with 55<, right?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: yet another suck out : Something like: 66+ KJs+ KQo+ A7s+ ATo+ ...and I'd consider that a wide range! A fair chunk of that range misses the flop, tbf. Oh, and really going to fire any turn? I am not sure I am a fan of that. What if it's an offsuit Ace?  Edit: You'd flat with 55<, right?
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    actually dave i was playing out of my roll, and mt range has tightened right up since we last played. I think my range, expessially 3betting OOP is much tighter.

My opinions

TT+
    AQs+
    AKo