You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sick out draw every time.

edited March 2010 in Area 51
I have just had 9 10 on the big blind and it limped round to me. i checked. The flop came Q K J rainbow. checked round to me so i put a bet in (3/4 pot). called by one player. turn is a Jack I bet again 3/4 pot and get raised all in. i call. he turns over J 9. you can probably gues the river oh yes another Jack. i must be the most unluckiest player on this site. Im totally thinking of stopping playing poker. I can take beats but it happens sooo many times to me here I honestly can not believe it.

Am i just unlucky or is there a special seat on each table that just wins no matter what?

One more thing why can you not type "fix" in the chat box. gets me thinking.

Im looking else where for poker for a bit now, had enough of this site.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Your NOT unlucky m8, its just part and parcel of the game I'm afraid.  Take solace from the fact that you went in ahead and the other player has got very very lucky.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi SAFCARMY,look mate i do feel soz for ya that was a sick outdraw but please please dont think it is only you it happens to.I had a few very similar to yours yesterday but that is POKER.You must never forget that the game is not over til the RIVER.As long as there are still 2 or more involved you cannot be sure what the opponent(s) are holding.Over time these things will even out.GL
  • edited October 2009
    you probably dont remember the majority of times when you win the hand like that, but remember the occasions you
    lose because it is unlikely and unexpected.

ocus on the times you have got lucky or the times the good hands have held up, or take a break for a wee while and come back refreshed...
  • edited October 2009
    This type of outdraw happens all the time.
    I gave a player a really bad beat the other night in a tournament and just before the cash bubble I got one back from him, so things do even out in the end.
    Just keep getting your chips in ahead and you win a lot more than you lose,
  • edited October 2009
      There are a few things to note on this hand.

1)  As strong as your hand was you never had the nuts. A 10 was on that board, so you could have been drawing to a 3 outer to split the pot.

2)  As soon as a board pairs the possibilities of houses and quads come in and therefore devalue straights and flushes. People love playing paint cards so the house on the turn was very likely.

3) Some people can not see past their own cards and consider what others may have. Also having hit trips even if he was behind he had 9 outs to win the pot and 3 to split it. So he was never a million miles behind

You must remember that when you called the all-in you could have been drawing dead. All this said it was bad play by your opponent and he got lucky, but a player who relies that much on luck will very quickly lose his bankroll.

If you really want to see a sick outdraw then you wont be able to beat mine. AA vs AQ all-in preflop.

Flop comes down QQQ. From being so far in front i was now drawing totally dead. But that is just poker, somtimes the deck hits us in the face and sometimes we cant buy a card we want. The only important thing to do is keep making the right decisions and you will do fine
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: sick out draw every time.:
      There are a few things to note on this hand. 1)  As strong as your hand was you never had the nuts. A 10 was on that board, so you could have been drawing to a 3 outer to split the pot. 2)  As soon as a board pairs the possibilities of houses and quads come in and therefore devalue straights and flushes. People love playing paint cards so the house on the turn was very likely. 3) Some people can not see past their own cards and consider what others may have. Also having hit trips even if he was behind he had 9 outs to win the pot and 3 to split it. So he was never a million miles behind    You must remember that when you called the all-in you could have been drawing dead. All this said it was bad play by your opponent and he got lucky, but a player who relies that much on luck will very quickly lose his bankroll.  If you really want to see a sick outdraw then you wont be able to beat mine. AA vs AQ all-in preflop. Flop comes down QQQ. From being so far in front i was now drawing totally dead. But that is just poker, somtimes the deck hits us in the face and sometimes we cant buy a card we want. The only important thing to do is keep making the right decisions and you will do fine
    Posted by Talon
    fantastic post TALON,no more to be said.THATS POKER and thats why we love it so much GL
  • edited October 2009
    The key point as mentioned by Talon is the board cards. Yes you hit your straight but the possibilities on that board of you being outdone were huge. One of the most important factors alluded to in books such as Harrington 1 & 2 is 'the texture of the board.' The texture of that board should have said all-in or check not a three quarter pot bet.
  • edited October 2009
    .This was so sick i threw up in a bowl that i was gna put some ice cream in but then i didnt cus it had sick in it

i had AA and the guy had KK.

Flop comes AAK

Turn K

River K

I was gutted.

But never let that stop you i say. And always have two bowls in case u are sick but still want ice cream.
  • edited October 2009
    .This was so sick i threw up in a bowl that i was gna put some ice cream in but then i didnt cus it had sick in it i had AA and the guy had KK. Flop comes AAK Turn K River K I was gutted. But never let that stop you i say. And always have two bowls in case u are sick but still want ice cream.
    Posted by SevenChips
    So his 5 kings beat your 4 aces?
    That IS bad.
  • edited October 2009

.This was so sick i threw up in a bowl that i was gna put some ice cream in but then i didnt cus it had sick in it

i had AA and the guy had KK.

Flop comes AAK

Turn K

River K

I was gutted.

But never let that stop you i say. And always have two bowls in case u are sick but still want ice cream.

Posted by SevenChips.

I think this has to be my favourite Sky poker forum post of all time.

No doubt I've read worthier, wittier and infinitely more profound and inspiring offerings on here before, but this just has to be my favourite.

It's sick! (on so many levels). 8- />
  • edited October 2009
    lol merfnovice   well spoted
  • edited October 2009
    there is only 4 kings in a standard pack of cards

hope this helps
  • edited November 2009
    there is only 4 kings in a standard pack of cards hope this helps
    Posted by porkerman

really?? can't be!! i folded 6 kings in a game last week because i put my opponent on 9 A!! ..... this is area 51 isn't it? ;)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: sick out draw every time. : really?? can't be!! i folded 6 kings in a game last week because i put my opponent on 9 A!! ..... this is area 51 isn't it? ;)
    Posted by margatemaf
    A tight fold but a good one, I think.
    You can always find a better spot.
  • edited November 2009

I absolutely detest this saying but in this instance is quite apt, THATS POKER!!!!! Told you sky poker was fixed.

• edited November 2009
    why cant no one spell my name
  • edited November 2009
    dont know tits-eff-ix, why can no one spell your name?
  • edited November 2009
    BOO HOO

I go all in with the best poker hand K 9 and some plonker calls me with that average hand AA and knocks me out!! 

THATS POKER!!

lol
  • edited November 2009
    keep  saying  dont  slow  play  anything  on here  u  name   i  had  quads   flushes  str8s    sets  all  beaten   by  slow  playing   dont  do  it   pump  them  put  the presure  on  the  other  player
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: sick out draw every time. : A tight fold but a good one, I think. You can always find a better spot.
    Posted by MereNovice

LOL i will wait next time until i have at least 7 K's! ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Welcome to my world lol

The luck will eventually turn mate
  • edited March 2010
    I had Q 2 off - I raise on the button...ho ho(late on in tourney and blinds climbing). BB raises me. I call and flop 2 2 Q. I check. He goes all in...call..he shows AA. now was he gutted? Let's just say he has some anger management issues shall we...