You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL8 - Anyone calling here?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
no reads, no nothing
Yes I know my 3 bet pre is 2 small :()
Think I should hero call :S
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
lovebugs14 Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £7.81
rancid Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £9.29
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

pants2112 Fold        
qulanpatty Fold        
surfinbird Raise   £0.16 £0.28 £11.29
terrier922 Fold        
lovebugs14 Call   £0.12 £0.40 £7.69
rancid Raise   £0.56 £0.96 £8.73
surfinbird Call   £0.48 £1.44 £10.81
lovebugs14 Call   £0.48 £1.92 £7.21
Flop

lovebugs14 Bet   £0.24 £2.16 £6.97
rancid Raise   £0.88 £3.04 £7.85
surfinbird Fold        
lovebugs14 Call   £0.64 £3.68 £6.33
Turn

lovebugs14 Check        
rancid Bet   £1.84 £5.52 £6.01
lovebugs14 Call   £1.84 £7.36 £4.49
River

• Q

lovebugs14 All-in   £4.49 £11.85 £0.00
rancid          ?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    no your deffo behind here i wouldnt call this when u get called on the flop raise i would of gave up then 
  • edited December 2011
    Yh more pre flop like 70p.

Flop bit weird, reads help here so you know whether donk bet means weak or strong, never sure about air bluffing at NL8 but it might be ok.

Turn I just take free card as 3 changes nothing.

River standard fish play, slow - slow - fast, easy fold. If you're ahead here I'd be pretty amazed and if he's managed to bluff with worse just say well done, it's not like you even have a hand lol.
  • edited December 2011

I am playing this versus a random and it just didn’t feel right from the flop !!

Surely it’s Q10, or missed FD – unlikely flopped set or AQ

Can’t have anything else ?

What is oppo value shoving river with ?

• edited December 2011
    So is this gonna be one long drawn out hero call brag thread? If it is I'd rather know now.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: NL8 - Anyone calling here?:
    Yh more pre flop like 70p. Flop bit weird, reads help here so you know whether donk bet means weak or strong, never sure about air bluffing at NL8 but it might be ok. Turn I just take free card as 3 changes nothing. River standard fish play, slow - slow - fast, easy fold. If you're ahead here I'd be pretty amazed and if he's managed to bluff with worse just say well done, it's not like you even have a hand lol.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I dont understand this because u put this on every post yet never have reads when you post hands? ironic huh
  • edited December 2011
    3bet bigger pre

fold flop with a player to act behind

as played check back turn, 3 is a horrible barrell card unless you are pretty sure you are ahead

river I would be tempted, but I fold. He has missed draws sometimes, but Q pairs some of them and he can have lots of pairs, sets etc
  • edited December 2011
    going to sound weird comming from me. NL8 is not for hero calling.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: NL8 - Anyone calling here? : I dont understand this because u put this on every post yet never have reads when you post hands? ironic huh
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Hmm don't think I do but I look forward to being corrected. :)

As for me never having reads that's my problem doesn't mean others shouldn't try and get them.

Also on a slight tangent buy why is it you always seem out to get me....?
  • edited December 2011
    So is this gonna be one long drawn out hero call brag thread? If it is I'd rather know now.
    Posted by Dudeskin8

No, I don’t do brag threads

Just wanted people views, I’ll post results a bit later

@Don_ your right no need to be a hero)

Sometimes you gotta go with your gut though, right )

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: NL8 - Anyone calling here? : Hmm don't think I do but I look forward to being corrected. :) As for me never having reads that's my problem doesn't mean others shouldn't try and get them. Also on a slight tangent buy why is it you always seem out to get me....?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I dunno mate no problem with u in all fairness but speak my mind alot(too muh sometimes)

I agree alot of situations need reads but sometimes/most of the time ppl dont have. As im pretty sure in at least 50% of urs you dont, hence why you need the advice.

I just thought i would point out you puttting that when i see no reads on ur threads alot is hypocritical nothing personal dude. Im sure u havent taken offence?

Regards
    John
  • edited December 2011
    Great piece of advertising, No one is ever calling this after all the streets are called down, you are hardly ever winning in that spot with ace high. Another completely pointless thread.
  • edited December 2011
    I think the main reason I never have solid reads is that I multitable so hard to gather/note down info with lots of stuff happening and also the fact I generally tend to try and play bad players (well in cash anyway, DYM little harder to pick and choose) so they're never gonna be bluffing me very much and it's just a case of determining how bad they are.

Against the proper players NL20+ reads are obvz paramount to success as exceptional limp/call players are not in any great numbers.

Anyways thanks for replying, no offence taken :)

Carl
  • edited December 2011
    I think the main reason I never have solid reads is that I multitable so hard to gather/note down info with lots of stuff happening and also the fact I generally tend to try and play bad players (well in cash anyway, DYM little harder to pick and choose) so they're never gonna be bluffing me very much and it's just a case of determining how bad they are. Against the proper players NL20+ reads are obvz paramount to success as exceptional limp/call players are not in any great numbers. Anyways thanks for replying, no offence taken :) Carl
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Good man, i have no problem with u not having reads obviously cos thats the most tricky spots so naturally we will get more posts without them.

Glad u havent taken offence Carl, also delete any negative/fish comments u have on me as im sure there will be a few ty :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: NL8 - Anyone calling here? : Good man, i have no problem with u not having reads obviously cos thats the most tricky spots so naturally we will get more posts without them. Glad u havent taken offence Carl, also delete any negative/fish comments u have on me as im sure there will be a few ty :)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    As long as you do the same ;)
  • edited December 2011
    LOL i dont have any hands that stand out from u , so not a bad thing.

I know we have played a bit of cash and the odd MTT but i just go with it and have an idea how u play will only note anything bad or out of the ordinary
  • edited December 2011
    Result

Took me to value town !!!!

This could be really good play or really bad play,  I’ll let you decide

Btw I have notes now :D

Call   £1.84 £7.36 £4.49
    River

• Q

lovebugs14 All-in   £4.49 £11.85 £0.00
    rancid Call   £4.49 £16.34 £1.52
    lovebugs14 Show

rancid Show
    • A
    • K

lovebugs14 Win Two Pairs, 7s and 3s £15.11   £15.11
  • edited December 2011
    And you wonder why you're doing bad at cash recently? lol
  • edited December 2011
    And you wonder why you're doing bad at cash recently? lol
    Posted by Dudeskin8

:( sometimes I can make poker realy difficult for myself !!!