You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What does a beginner need?

I've just started playing poker in the last 6 months and thoroughly enjoyed myself so far. I'm keen to improve and have bought a few books including Harrington vol 1,2and 3, Hansens, "kill Everyone", and a couple of others. I've had some success and would like to improve through experience and study. Being mathematically trained statistics interest me. The stats on Sky Poker are of some use though i need help to interpret them. Would Holdem manager or Poker Tracker work on the Sky tables and would it be of use to me in order to find faults in my strategy, for what its worth? At the moment i'm keen on MTT , satellites and BH not so much cash as i can see that i'd be the fish.
There is a skill to the game and i'd just like a few pointers from  willing community members with experience so that i could make as great an improvement , in the correct manner, as possible.
Any advice would be gratefully received and acted upon.....cheers.
PS If you do recommend some software them please say where's best to get it. Hope to see you on the tables one day.

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Sorry its taken us so long to reply. Have you look on the Poker Clinic of the forum? I would also advice you watch the channel (865) or through the webstream. We have resident and guest experts who can offer you great tips and advice on poker