You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get it in and reload when miss? Or get out of way?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
id be happy to get in in here if your up against an overpair your still marginal favourite unless its 10 s 

Comments

• edited December 2011
    6 handed cash, loose table @ 50/£1.  Have just above a buy in.

UTG straddles to £2, calls round to me in the BB, I hold 7h9h.

£12 in pot 9d8h6s.  Sb checks, I am mostly happy getting a BI here vs the action pre so look to c/r so check back.  Aggressive Straddler opens for £8, pretty loose player who doesnt normally show much aggression through streets makes it £21.  Folds back to me in te BB. 

Have no idea what loose passive player has, but figure mostly maybe top 2 or Q's/ J's, but a hand he is never folding when I 3bet to around £100

I'm comfortably rolled so tank ship, with top pair, open ended str draw and back door hearts.

As thread asks...  Get it in, reload when missing, or get out of the way?  Bearing in mind loose player rarely shows aggression through streets.  Worst he holds is A9, but a set is going to be in his range reasonably often.  As it stands he held the DN 107 for the nut straight.
  • edited December 2011
    Whats chance of straddler coming along? I assume stradler checked pre.

I think its prob just about a fold with your reads, but I certainly wouldnt criticise you for getting it in, esp if you think it helps you get paid later on with a made hand or will tilt villain if you outdraw him
  • edited December 2011
    I don't like it, knowing you have no FE and with that action before you the only question is can you call ?
    Your hand is not as strong as it may appear to be :s

fold me thinks
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Get it in and reload when miss? Or get out of way?:
    I don't like it, knowing you have no FE and with that action before you the only question is can you call ? Your hand is not as strong as it may appear to be :s fold me thinks
    Posted by rancid
    Yeah I suspect your right here.  Probably the worse hand I played all night.  Given how loose table was kind of felt like an auto shove, but I dont think it was as you say.  With no FE and passive player getting aggro I think I should have passed.

Hard to seperate the hands potential vs laggy table.  But with the passive player taking it up a gear I think it should be a sigh fold.

Thanks for the feedback.