You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM - A2s, 6bbs, 100/200, Shove or Fold?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
awan has big stack like 4000, fatmaisie has about 2500, limper been doing it a lot so probably has wide range. Is this a good spot to nick money in middle or just wait till I'm first in to the pot ?

Dudeskin8 Small blind   100.00 100.00 1215.00
TINMAN75 Big blind   200.00 300.00 1715.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

awanbeging Fold        
fatmaisie Fold        
mclnjoke01 Call   200.00 500.00 1267.50
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    not really, if ur called ur crushed.

id be shoving 87suited fwiw also ace wise prob A9+ any pp
  • edited December 2011
    Considering he's been limping a lot, I think you can shove, as you will usually pick up an extra 400 chips - about 1/3rd of your stack - with not much risk as the limper will usually fold, and the big blind has to have a hand to call. You will almost always be dominated if you get called, but I think it's unlikely you'll get called in that spot.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - A2s, 6bbs, 100/200, Shove or Fold?:
    Considering he's been limping a lot, I think you can shove, as you will usually pick up an extra 400 chips - about 1/3rd of your stack - with not much risk as the limper will usually fold, and the big blind has to have a hand to call. You will almost always be dominated if you get called, but I think it's unlikely you'll get called in that spot.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Although i would generally advocate that if we have a hand thats not going to be crushed so bad if he calls. alot of ppl on this site will limp call shoves even in DYM so its not always an auto shove, you just need to have an idea of their limping range. generally if he has pp here he would prob do same and call
  • edited December 2011