You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Whats villan range?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Late stages of last nights mini, 30 ish left and i am chip leader with >40bb.
I have been a bit quite last 2/3 orbits and villan has been raising a little too often.  Villan called a 3 bet shove with A,10, but with stacks at the time it was not that bad, not seen any other show downs from villan.
first Q.  Do you raise or shove pre? if raise how much?
I think villan will 4bet pre with 10,10+ and AQ+ unsure about AJ.
Flop comes King high can he hold a king? I asume he folds KQ KJ K,10 pre and 4 bets AK pre so i cant see a king in his range.
I check flop to induce AQ AJ and small pairs to shove, if i bet they all fold, thoughts?
Just wanna see if my thoughts are right or wrong, thanks all.

freechips1Small blind 1000.001000.0092996.27gwolfBig blind 2000.003000.0032086.08 Your hole cards1010   karllukeFold    frizogFold    LJ_Elson72Fold    dav82Raise 6000.009000.0044867.50freechips1Raise 17000.0026000.0075996.27gwolfFold    dav82Call 12000.0038000.0032867.50Flop  58K   freechips1Check    dav82All-in 32867.5070867.500.00freechips1Call 32867.50103735.0043128.77

Comments

• edited December 2011
    I just shove pre, always gonna be overs with 10's and OOP it sucks.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Whats villan range?:
    I just shove pre, always gonna be overs with 10's and OOP it sucks.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    If we shove pre dont we fold out all that we beat? like small/mid pairs.
  • edited December 2011
    I prob play the same 1 over so i call too
  • edited December 2011
    I prob play the same 1 over so i call too
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    What hands do you think he call pre with then shoves flop? Do you see my thought process as being right or am i missing anything?
  • edited December 2011
    shove pre

as played

oppo could easily have a K, SO FOLD !!

oppos shove on flop is not even pot size ,K10,KJ,KQ
  • edited December 2011
    AQ/AJ/ KQ/KJ

Can rule out 99 either, I do think a king could be in his range here but why would he not check and give u a chance to bluff turn, some ppl jam with King though aswell its difficult. He has to shove with amount invested so after his call pre we have to call it of as only 1 over
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah i do think a King IS in his range here tbh but as played i think i gotta call , pretty tough spot tho
  • edited December 2011
    shove pre as played  oppo could easily have a K, SO FOLD !! oppos shove on flop is not even pot size ,K10,KJ,KQ
    Posted by rancid
    We get />2/1 on the pot vs villans range + bounty I think a c/f on flop is bad.
    I did fistpump call after villan shove.
  • edited December 2011
    I like the play by yourself. Shove more than 40BBs to a 3x raise is OTT and folds out most hands that you are beating so right move to three-bet I think, but if he shove we probably have to call with stacks being as they are, hope he has AK/AQ.

On the flop you check which is good because he can only call a donk lead with a king really but if you check it lets him bluff. He could easily have an ace or a flush draw now as well as the king.

Well, played. I guess that he had a hand like KJ for you to be posting the hand. Just unlucky. As with most tournement hands at this late stage the main bit of advice people can give you is "run better"
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Whats villan range? : We get />2/1 on the pot vs villans range + bounty I think a c/f on flop is bad. I did fistpump call after villan shove.
    Posted by freechips1
    There's nothing wrong with your thinking, depends how bad or good oppo is as to if it's a call or fold

shove pre is better imo, saves these headaches and frankly depnding how light oppo call's pre -
    oppo may call Q10+ :s  So you dodging any paint to be sure your pr is good on flop

Maybe just shoving Kx, scared of an ace falling :()

50/50 if oppo has a K, so just call - it's BH after all :)

• edited December 2011
    hes not shoving 40BB if he shoves pre

I prob shove pre, you cant 3b/f anyway. If you are not shoving make it a little smaller

checking fine if you are inducing, dont mind just shoving either he wont fold much