You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The CHAMP ( rich orford )

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Watched rich tonight for a bit and he really is quite a good player!! and all the stick he get's from The Boss is not deserved lol :) Keep it going champ ....  quite looking forward to playing him when my bankroll allows me.

P.S. rich just deposit the money straight into my account, no one will know! i can keep a secret lol 

Comments

• edited October 2009
    i agree, orford for me is the bees knees and i do believe that the supposed "players" could learn a heck of a lot from richard, he has a lot to offer the game and is getting his just rewards lately 
  • edited October 2009
    Agreed webby! i thought with all the stick he has been getting from Tikay etc he was going to be really bad. But he is surprisingly good :)
  • edited October 2009
    He used to be umm lets say 'different' in his style of play, but something in the last month or so has really clicked with him and he is playing very well indeed... All the abuse is going to have to be directed at some1 else now, cos he is a fish no more..!!!
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The CHAMP ( rich orford ):
    He used to be umm lets say 'different' in his style of play, but something in the last month or so has really clicked with him and he is playing very well indeed... All the abuse is going to have to be directed at some1 else now, cos he is a fish no more..!!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    He has simply stopped being so lary and making 'hero' / 'silly' moves for the railers.  IMO Rich is playing less tables and focussing on achieving rather than being so loose!  Well done Rich :)
  • edited October 2009
    Cheers chaps- yes I'm pleased to report that I'm having a very decent spell on the tables at the mo.

Some of the factors I would put it down to are: I'm concentrating on the game at all times, multi-tabling only 2 tournaments at any given time and, because I'm playing a lot of deep-stacks, exercising extreme patience and letting go of marginal hands.
    My mantra at the moment is "how many big blinds do I have left?" If I let go of a hand that I might be winning, but cannot be sure- am I leaving myself enough to come back with? If the answer is yes, then I'm folding.

Oh, and some of what Tikay has been banging on about over the last 3 years is finally starting to sink in now... e.g "Get your money in first!"

I've found that if I actually listen to him occasionally instead of wondering what Cheryl Cole would look like in the buff, then some of what he says actually makes sense. Try it, you'd be surprised...

• edited October 2009
    Cheers chaps- yes I'm pleased to report that I'm having a very decent spell on the tables at the mo. Some of the factors I would put it down to are: I'm concentrating on the game at all times, multi-tabling only 2 tournaments at any given time and, because I'm playing a lot of deep-stacks, exercising extreme patience and letting go of marginal hands. My mantra at the moment is "how many big blinds do I have left?" If I let go of a hand that I might be winning, but cannot be sure- am I leaving myself enough to come back with? If the answer is yes, then I'm folding. Oh, and some of what Tikay has been banging on about over the last 3 years is finally starting to sink in now... e.g "Get your money in first!" I've found that if I actually listen to him occasionally instead of wondering what Cheryl Cole would look like in the buff, then some of what he says actually makes sense. Try it, you'd be surprised...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Hi Rich

Ok, hmmmmm, she dont half look good ;)
  • edited October 2009
    Cheers chaps- yes I'm pleased to report that I'm having a very decent spell on the tables at the mo. Some of the factors I would put it down to are: I'm concentrating on the game at all times, multi-tabling only 2 tournaments at any given time and, because I'm playing a lot of deep-stacks, exercising extreme patience and letting go of marginal hands. My mantra at the moment is "how many big blinds do I have left?" If I let go of a hand that I might be winning, but cannot be sure- am I leaving myself enough to come back with? If the answer is yes, then I'm folding. Oh, and some of what Tikay has been banging on about over the last 3 years is finally starting to sink in now... e.g "Get your money in first!" I've found that if I actually listen to him occasionally instead of wondering what Cheryl Cole would look like in the buff, then some of what he says actually makes sense. Try it, you'd be surprised...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I think you just got back into Tikays goodbooks.

Also I have to agree with you about the deepstacks, they have certainly taught me how to be patient.  I can't believe how many hands I have folded that in a different format I would have pushed or called an allin with.
  • edited October 2009
    Must of been painful to say that about Tikay, Rich... I'm sure he will have something to say on the matter when he sees this lol
  • edited October 2009
    Rich - what percentage of your recent winnings did you have to give margatemaf to start this thread...?
  • edited October 2009
    Rich - what percentage of your recent winnings did you have to give margatemaf to start this thread...?
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Hi James

Lol, I think the title is mis-spelled, surly the A should b I or U :)
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Are you sure its not the missus logging on and playing your hands the last month lol
  • edited October 2009
    Hi

To be honest, I have been telling Rich for a long time he could do it, some of it, I feel has been a confidence issue,  and sometimes shall we say playing a little lose didnt help, I cant help but feel tikay has a had a hand in it, but of course he will never let on, they gotta keep up otherwise Rich and tikay wouldnt work would it?

Well done your smirkness ;)
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by J-Hartigan

EZ tiger!! :) i watched him play last night and he is not as nad as a lot of people are saying .... just thought i'd post up to give the poor guy a bit of a break .... 

P.S. Rich the money still is not in my account ... gonna give ya till 5 pm mate :)
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: The CHAMP ( rich orford ) : EZ tiger!! :) i watched him play last night and he is not as nad as a lot of people are saying .... just thought i'd post up to give the poor guy a bit of a break ....  P.S. Rich the money still is not in my account ... gonna give ya till 5 pm mate :)
    Posted by margatemaf

Sorry I've not been concentrating lately.....................Rich who?
  • edited October 2009
    On recent form pretty soon he'll have to be renamed Very Rich Orford!
    Good goin' Rich! See ya in Manc. Mine's a pint.
  • edited October 2009
    Since his bankroll challenge went down the pan i think Rich has stepped his game up loads. Good luck to him, soon be seeing him as an analyst too lol
  • edited October 2009
    Big Breakfast presenters always do well for themselves. init ;)

p.s. Rich Miss cole is not that fitlol
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    At last, a Post on this Thread I agree with, & which tells it how it is.

It's all cheesy & bleurgh.
  • edited October 2009
    Hey boss you should be crowing that " THE CHAMP " is doing so well, remember the chat on the rail last night an that is all basically down to you being the great teacher that you are .... you should be chuffed he is on his way to bigger & better things.
  • edited October 2009
    Hey boss you should be crowing that " THE CHAMP " is doing so well, remember the chat on the rail last night an that is all basically down to you being the great teacher that you are .... you should be chuffed he is on his way to bigger & better things.
    Posted by margatemaf
    reminds me of kung fu panda lol
  • edited October 2009
    LMAO!! when you think about it  .... yeah it does lol :0))))