You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Everyone else going broke here?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
So far this player has been pretty standard. He 3-bet me from the button earlier but nothing else unusuall. Does this belong in BBV?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Jolly493 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £2.36
alanstew Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £12.44
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

jugglegeek Raise   £0.40 £0.55 £9.60
harlem1000 Fold        
larrymel30 Call   £0.40 £0.95 £10.24
Jolly493 Fold        
alanstew Fold        
Flop

• J

jugglegeek Bet   £0.80 £1.75 £8.80
larrymel30 Call   £0.80 £2.55 £9.44
Turn

jugglegeek Bet   £1.90 £4.45 £6.90
larrymel30 Raise   £3.80 £8.25 £5.64
jugglegeek All-in   £6.90 £15.15 £0.00
larrymel30 All-in   £5.64 £20.79 £0.00
larrymel30 Unmatched bet   £0.64 £20.15 £0.64
jugglegeek Show
  • K
  • K

larrymel30 Show
  • J

River

• J

larrymel30 Win Full House, Jacks and 6s £18.75   £19.39

Comments

• edited December 2011
    When im min raised like that on the turn i pretty much guarantee i am behind , nearly always , still find a fold tough tho ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah think turn has to be fold with super strong minraise.
  • edited December 2011
    Depends on villain, but I fold sometimes
  • edited December 2011
    A min raise in early position, will give the button no reason to fold and the fact he has the final say in the hand means you are likely to get caught out.

You want people to come along but not a free ride which is what i think you gave him. Its a hard play to get right but im thinking a fold is the only option.
  • edited December 2011
    Interesting to see everyone say fold. Can we honestly put him on a hand that beats us. I thought it was more likely that he had a good jack like KJ or AJ and didn't believe my flop bet. I've been on the table a while and had been getting c-bets through quite a lot and hadn't shown down many hands. It looked to me like he was making a stand with a jack.

Possible hands that beat me are two pair or sets. Jack and probably tens would have made a 3-bet pre here I think since he has possition from the button but then maybe not so I can't rule it out. Fives makes sense but then on such a wet board with me betting over 3/4 of the pot he would surely want to raise the flop there. Too much risk of a bad turn card killing his action or putting him behind. Same goes for JT.

I dicounted other two pair making hands like T5,J5 and J6 because I couldn't see how they can call a pre-flop raise with such junk. So I thought I could only be behind to a pair of sixes who have just made a set having called my c-bet.

Is there anything wrong with my thinking here? Or should I be trying to think about hands that I can beat rather than dicounting hands that beat me?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Everyone else going broke here?:
    A min raise in early position, will give the button no reason to fold and the fact he has the final say in the hand means you are likely to get caught out. You want people to come along but not a free ride which is what i think you gave him. Its a hard play to get right but im thinking a fold is the only option.
    Posted by SueRooney
    I raised to 4xBB from UTG, my standard opening bet so far had been 3x +1 for each limper.
  • edited December 2011
    4xBB at 0.05/0.10NL is too weak when your in an early position, he had very good pot odd's and again on the flop you were too easy to get someone to come along. As i said you need to find a nice balance, I personally would have bet 0.80/£1 in early position to avoid that situation,

Have a look at my post on here from a hand i played yesterday
  • edited December 2011
    raise size pre is fine.

On turn its player dependent. In general flat flop/raise turn is a strong line. google baluga theorem