You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30NL HU hands

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
This was a 6max table that had just gone down to HU. Villain seems to be a capable tag, prob a reg as I recognised the name, but I have no specific reads Only hand of any note was just previous to this when he bet flop and turn on Ahi board,checked back river we both had A8.

Im pretty sure I butchered this, but am going to leave out my thoughts until I get some feedback. Have another hand v same villain which I will post, but again want some replies before I post it

grantorino Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £40.26
xBig blind  £0.30 £0.45 £28.96
  Your hole cards
  • K

grantorino Raise  £0.75 £1.20 £39.51
Raise  £2.70 £3.90 £26.26
grantorino Call  £2.10 £6.00 £37.41
Flop

Bet  £3.35 £9.35 £22.91
grantorino Call  £3.35 £12.70 £34.06
Turn

Bet  £7.00 £19.70 £15.91
grantorino Raise  £18.60 £38.30 £15.46
All-in  £15.91 £54.21 £0.00
grantorino Call  £4.31 £58.52 £11.15
grantorino Show
  • K

Comments

• edited December 2011
    played well here apart from y raise the turn looks like your repping the 9 here is that why ? when u get called i cant see how your ahead i might be wrong tho 
  • edited December 2011
    how many hands have you benn playing HU? Guess.
    How often was you raising button?
    How often was he 3 betting?
    How often was you 3 betting him from BB?
    Who was getting the best of this? was you running over him, was he running over you?
  • edited December 2011
    Also his 3 bet size, was this standard, 9bb over a 2.5bb
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: 30NL HU hands:
    how many hands have you benn playing HU? Guess. How often was you raising button? How often was he 3 betting? How often was you 3 betting him from BB? Who was getting the best of this? was you running over him, was he running over you?
    Posted by freechips1
    HU only just started, think this was his first 3bet, seems a standard size to me. In the 6 max nothing much of note happened but he seemed like a good tag. I had 3bet a little in the 6max (not v him though), he may be good enough to recognise they may have been squeezes. The time I was called I b/f an Ahi 2tone flop

The hand is a lot easier to analyse after we played a bit, but at the time I had very limited info
  • edited December 2011
    I ask these questions for a few reasons.
    If he is 3 betting 9bb over 2.5 with a wide range then I would be 4bet folding here (22bb ish) If he flats its not too bad as we have pos.
    I also asked if you was running over him.  He may be getting real stressed and feel the need to make a stand with a marginal hand.
    If we had played 20 hands and this is his first 3bet then i think we can fold pre to the 3 bet.
    I dont like his size over a 2.5bb I think 7bb is best unless your playing a station and you have a premium hand then we can make it 9-12bb.
  • edited December 2011
    turn raise is burning money at micro hu
  • edited December 2011
    I ask these questions for a few reasons. If he is 3 betting 9bb over 2.5 with a wide range then I would be 4bet folding here (22bb ish) If he flats its not too bad as we have pos. I also asked if you was running over him.  He may be getting real stressed and feel the need to make a stand with a marginal hand. If we had played 20 hands and this is his first 3bet then i think we can fold pre to the 3 bet. I dont like his size over a 2.5bb I think 7bb is best unless your playing a station and you have a premium hand then we can make it 9-12bb.
    Posted by freechips1
    My open is to 3bb. I dont really play hu, but making it 9bb oop seems a standard enough size to me.

Really not sure whats best pre, considered fold, call or 4b/f. Again partly because I dont play much hu and find it hard to guess at ranges
  • edited December 2011
    Zing can you explain why turn raise is bad?
    I thought getting it in on turn would be ok as lots of draws will call. JQhh, J,10 7,8 88, 10,8.
    Any draw that misses might not bet river. 
  • edited December 2011
    turn raise is burning money at micro hu
    Posted by zing
    I tend to agree. Its prob what I would post if replying to this thread. So whats my line, call down 3 streets?
  • edited December 2011
    Gran mate please leave IN the oppos name , ya WILL get alot more feedback if ya do.

(unless ofc ure gonna berate a player) then obv leave it out ;))
  • edited December 2011
    Its always best to remove name, Grant might see a player in a differ way to how i see them.
    He might think villan is a bit tight but i might know he is actually very laggy, so i would say the best way to play the hand vs a lag when grant thinks he is a tag.
    I will leave names in, coz im too lazy to edit them out.
  • edited December 2011
    Gran mate please leave IN the oppos name , ya WILL get alot more feedback if ya do. (unless ofc ure gonna berate a player) then obv leave it out ;))
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Debs I leave out the name for a few reasons

1. I want to know what to do in the situation I faced, not what to do if I had different info. You giving me an answer based on your reads doesnt really help me play my future hands better

2. I can post my reads, in the cases I have decent ones

3. I like to have the option to berate :)

I just dont think the feedback is as useful to me if I leave in a name, even if it means I get answers that would have been the correct thing to do if I had reads

If you really want to know I'll pm name to you
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: 30NL HU hands : Debs I leave out the name for a few reasons 1. I want to know what to do in the situation I faced, not what to do if I had different info. You giving me an answer based on your reads doesnt really help me play my future hands better 2. I can post my reads, in the cases I have decent ones 3. I like to have the option to berate :) I just dont think the feedback is as useful to me if I leave in a name, even if it means I get answers that would have been the correct thing to do if I had reads If you really want to know I'll pm name to you
    Posted by grantorino
    Yeah fair points here , it defo IS useful tho when ya play a specific level and likely facing same oppo very regular.
  • edited December 2011
    the only hands i can see villain having that you beat are 88, 78 and 10 8.  just dont think you are ahead here often enough to be reraising that turn and just dont think you can be folding out many hands that youre beating at this level.

its quite a tricky spot.  i think you have to fold turn but i dont really like folding top pair good kicker without a solid read.  the problem with calling is you really cant call many river cards so calling turn to fold river is just wasting money. although with the bit of info about checking the turn on the previous hand i would be more inclined to turn evern though i dont think its going to be good often.

Fold />Call>Raise
  • edited December 2011

thanks for replies, I raised turn cos I thought I could rep a set and might get some better hands to fold, also felt if I called I was calling most rivers anyway. With amount in pot though I dont think I have any fe against better, I think the raise is prob pretty bad.

He showed A8 and binked the A

Anyway the battle continued, was pretty aggro, with some 3betting and raising on the flops. He also 4 betted me once, I folded. I prob had slightly the better of it, certainly wasnt running him over or anything, and I stacked him with this hand. Think its pretty standard, if anyone has any thoughts let me know

grantorino Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £35.93
    Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £52.64
      Your hole cards

grantorino Raise  £0.75 £1.20 £35.18
    Call  £0.60 £1.80 £52.04
    Flop

Check     
    grantorino Bet  £1.35 £3.15 £33.83
    Raise  £3.00 £6.15 £49.04
    grantorino Raise  £7.50 £13.65 £26.33
    All-in  £49.04 £62.69 £0.00
    grantorino All-in  £26.33 £89.02 £0.00
    Unmatched bet  £16.86 £72.16 £16.86
    grantorino Show

Show

Turn

• K

River

grantorino Win Pair of 9s £71.16
    Then on to this hand. Your thoughts please
    Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £32.85
    grantorino Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £67.59
      Your hole cards

Raise  £0.75 £1.20 £32.10
    grantorino Raise  £2.70 £3.90 £64.89
    Call  £2.10 £6.00 £30.00
    Flop

grantorino Bet  £3.90 £9.90 £60.99
    Raise  £10.00 £19.90 £20.00
    grantorino All-in  £60.99
  • edited December 2011
    I'd love to know who the villain is!

A 6 max reg(?) who's willing to play HU when the table breaks, and actually mix it up? 

Most just snap sit out. 

The last hand, isn't it best to call his flop raise? I think I've started calling too much in spots where I used to just get it in. - Had mixed results doing so. 

^^^^ It's obv to c/c or c/rai any turn.....

• edited December 2011
    I'd love to know who the villain is! A 6 max reg(?) who's willing to play HU when the table breaks, and actually mix it up?  Most just snap sit out.  The last hand, isn't it best to call his flop raise? I think I've started calling too much in spots where I used to just get it in. - Had mixed results doing so.  ^^^^ It's obv to c/c or c/rai any turn.....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Calling obv an option on flop, but I think with that board in a 3bet pot the way dynamic is I prefer raising.