You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Quite gutted with this one!

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Next

Given the number of times I dont flop a flush, I was prepared to belive the same is true for all players, so I

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Crikey that was a rubbish effort!

Better?

Next Given the number of times I dont flop a flush, I was prepared to belive the same is true for all players, so I was happy to avoid scaring off my customer, obv this was a mistake, so should I have just been happy with what I had and given the scarey nature of the board, tried to get the money in on the flop?
    ayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    wizzpop Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.30
    buldog35 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.59
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • J

Poplar134 Fold     
    percy120 Fold     
    ZedsDeadBa Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £4.97
    wizzpop Raise  £0.38 £0.60 £2.92
    buldog35 Fold     
    ZedsDeadBa Call  £0.24 £0.84 £4.73
    Flop

• Q
    • A

wizzpop Bet  £0.63 £1.47 £2.29
    ZedsDeadBa Call  £0.63 £2.10 £4.10
    Turn

wizzpop Bet  £1.05 £3.15 £1.24
    ZedsDeadBa Call  £1.05 £4.20 £3.05
    River

wizzpop All-in  £1.24 £5.44 £0.00
    ZedsDeadBa Call  £1.24 £6.68 £1.81
    wizzpop Show
    • K
    • A

ZedsDeadBa Show
    • K
    • J

wizzpop Win Flush to the Ace £6.17  £6.17

• edited December 2011
    fold to 3bet pre

raise flop, tonnes of value to be had
  • edited December 2011
    Snap fold pre.

Shove flop.

Win moniez.
  • edited December 2011
    Fold 3-bet pre flop readless.

Raise flop/shove flop.

If not shoving flop, then defo shove turn.

Basically, if villain has flopped a flush then so be it, but we dont want to give him a free card to draw to so after that flop i just start shovelling chips in the middle as soon as poss.

As played you can get away from dreaded river card and save yourself some cash. More aggro needed zed in this spot. Its a case of 'if he has it, he has it!'. Just get it in on flop or turn for me!
  • edited December 2011
    if I raise flop its because it smacks his range hard and he'll get it in with lots or worse hands. Im much more worried about a card killing the action than beating me
  • edited December 2011
    Don't mind the flat pre IP, as long as you knwo where your at !!

raise flop, deffo raise turn

why flat flop ?

+1 GT, we don't wanna see cards that kill our action
  • edited December 2011
    Dont like this perception in the clinic that we must fold to any three bet.

We have the button, we've been re raised from the blind and we have pretty suited cards, I think peeling to c the flop is fine. 

Not in love with post flop play but definetly dont think it is bad to call pre.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok,

Good concise answers.

As ever, thanks.

Z.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Quite gutted with this one!:
    Dont like this perception in the clinic that we must fold to any three bet. We have the button, we've been re raised from the blind and we have pretty suited cards, I think peeling to c the flop is fine.  Not in love with post flop play but definetly dont think it is bad to call pre.
    Posted by KKrippler
    I agree with these points and it may be ok to peel and see a flop but its NL4 and i think we can wait for a better spot. Its all about getting value for your big hands and although i dont mind having a look it may be a bit loose at NL4 where tight ABC stuff invariably wins the money. 

Zed was dominated going in to the hand and got a great flop but this aint happening often enough to make the call profitable pre. Not saying its wrong to fold but i prefer it at the bottom level.