You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Turn hand into a bluff NL10 deep

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Had a rediculously bad afternoon after being up 3 buyins this weekend I've lost £60 this afternoon/evening. This was one of the hands. Hate playing these type of situations out of possition but after he raised on the flop I thought that he may have a set (would make sense for a limp call) so with the hearts I thought turning my hand into a bluff by leading the turn might take it down. Is this just another example of my terrible play. Is there any point trying to win the hand if I think he has a set?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Daisy66 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £19.40
jugglegeek Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £19.90
  Your hole cards

linlar Call   £0.10 £0.25 £73.60
DAPREACHER Call   £0.10 £0.35 £31.59
skimmercfc Call   £0.10 £0.45 £17.23
Chrispar Fold        
Daisy66 Fold        
jugglegeek Raise   £0.50 £0.95 £19.40
linlar Fold        
DAPREACHER Call   £0.50 £1.45 £31.09
skimmercfc Call   £0.50 £1.95 £16.73
Flop

jugglegeek Bet   £1.00 £2.95 £18.40
DAPREACHER Raise   £2.98 £5.93 £28.11
skimmercfc Fold        
jugglegeek Call   £1.98 £7.91 £16.42
Turn

• Q

jugglegeek Bet   £5.80 £13.71 £10.62
DAPREACHER Raise   £25.31 £39.02 £2.80
jugglegeek Fold        
DAPREACHER Muck        
DAPREACHER Win   £18.11   £20.91
DAPREACHER Return   £19.51 £1.40 £40.42

Comments

• edited December 2011
    any reads?

readless never, ever try make a 10NL (actually any level) player fold a set. Prob dont ever try make them fold top pair

This deep readless oop I just fold the flop when he raises 3way. Its going to be tough getting to showdown even when ahead and youare prob behind his range 
  • edited December 2011
    Yep snap fold flop.

After that size raise turn bet will most likely be pot or close and then you gotta fold.

Like most micro's just don't bother bluffing unless you have really good reads, in this situation it's hardly ever gonna get through imo and think about it if you hit flush wouldn't you c/r turn?
  • edited December 2011
    ask yourself if you would fold in his position if you had a set? the answer is no.

Why lead the flop? to take it down?  Then why are you calling the raise? If the whole point of leading was to take down the pot uncontested or to take the betting lead then you can no longer do that so surely you should fold? If you dont fold you are now in the worst postion of being in an inflated pot out of position and all your decisions are gonna be tough. If you decide you dont want to fold the flop then check calling is probably a better option thanb leading.

In summary if you are choosing to lead then it is to bet/fold rather than bet/call. If you feel your hand is too strong to fold flop then check calling is the better option.

Also would you really play a flush like this? It seems your trying to represent a flush without actually playing like you have one.
  • edited December 2011
    I see your point. I guess I was just tilting. I can't believe how different the play is at NL10 as Saturday progresses. I wake up at 9am and play and hardly anyone limps, 3-bets get respect, I can take down pots with a c-bet and the best way to play seems to be loose agressive. But as the day goes on and the tables get busier there's more limp/calling and it becomes more difficult to put players on a range. I also seem to have had a serious inability to fold top pair today. I'm worried because I've lost just £24 since Friday evening all told, yet I'm seriously tilting. How will I go on if I ever get to the point where I'm playing NL200 and I lose £480 in a weekend?

Does it ever get any easier to lose at poker? I know it's part of the game but the variance really gets to me sometimes. Is it a regular occurence to loose two buyins in a session?
  • edited December 2011
    4-5 bi's is quite normal )

for me anyway

• edited December 2011
    u call a raise on flop u gotta think ahead here on the next street because more likely an ovrcard will come so what is your thought process if low card then happy to go all in what ?