You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i lead out the river or check raise

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
marcus191Small blind £0.05£0.05£37.29STOCKY8A1Big blind £0.10£0.15£21.47 Your hole cards55   RumpyFold    IDONKCALLURaise £0.30£0.45£11.61GREGHOGGRaise £0.90£1.35£22.49UPFold    marcus191Fold    STOCKY8A1Fold    IDONKCALLUCall £0.60£1.95£11.01Flop  727   IDONKCALLUCheck    GREGHOGGCheck    Turn  J   IDONKCALLUCheck    GREGHOGGBet £1.10£3.05£21.39IDONKCALLUCall £1.10£4.15£9.91River  5   IDONKCALLUBet £2.20£6.35£7.71GREGHOGGAll-in £21.39£27.74£0.00IDONKCALLUAll-in £7.71£35.45£0.00GREGHOGGUnmatched bet £11.48£23.97£11.48IDONKCALLUShow55   GREGHOGGShow10Q   IDONKCALLUWinFull House, 5s and 7s£22.57 £22.5

Comments

• edited December 2011
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wp Greg :)))

I'd check river IDCU!

• edited December 2011
    he was unlucky tbf he was repping a flush just unlucky i had a monster yeah maybe should of checked raised there m8 
  • edited December 2011
    ffs leae the donks names out lol

oh and fold turn pls

nh
  • edited December 2011
    haha i didnt think ya had anything put ya on a q a k so was calling ya down 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i lead out the river or check raise:
    ffs leae the donks names out lol oh and fold turn pls nh
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    who 3 bets before the flop and checks a 772 board u wasnt reppin anything i would of snapped with a high never mind a boat u wouldnt shove if u have a boat or flush as u missing out on value from worse hands u played it terrible bet the flop he folds as u was trying to rep a over pair only 77 is checking that flop..... why didnt u min raise he would of shoved then u can hollywood and fold u had no info you just shoved i would love to play cash with u lol and trap u like a mouse in a chees factory lol!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Should i lead out the river or check raise:
    marcus191 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £37.29 STOCKY8A1 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £21.47   Your hole cards 5 5       Rumpy Fold         IDONKCALLU Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £11.61 GREGHOGG Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £22.49 UP Fold         marcus191 Fold         STOCKY8A1 Fold         IDONKCALLU Call   £0.60 £1.95 £11.01 Flop     7 2 7       IDONKCALLU Check         GREGHOGG Check         Turn     J       IDONKCALLU Check         GREGHOGG Bet   £1.10 £3.05 £21.39 IDONKCALLU Call   £1.10 £4.15 £9.91 River     5       IDONKCALLU Bet   £2.20 £6.35 £7.71 GREGHOGG All-in   £21.39 £27.74 £0.00 IDONKCALLU All-in   £7.71 £35.45 £0.00 GREGHOGG Unmatched bet   £11.48 £23.97 £11.48 IDONKCALLU Show 5 5       GREGHOGG Show 10 Q       IDONKCALLU Win Full House, 5s and 7s £22.57   £22.5
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    u played it well dont check incase he checks behind try a thin value bet to induce the raise or overbet to make it look like a bluff to induce a shove but with oppenants like this it doesnt matter just pass him the rope he will hang himself every time lol wp though u got max value
  • edited December 2011
    i would love to play cash with u lol and trap u like a mouse in a chees factory lol!!!
    Posted by 2good4tv81
    ...You know he satellited into the WSOP a few years ago, right? He's not that bad :P lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i lead out the river or check raise : who 3 bets before the flop and checks a 772 board u wasnt reppin anything i would of snapped with a high never mind a boat u wouldnt shove if u have a boat or flush as u missing out on value from worse hands u played it terrible bet the flop he folds as u was trying to rep a over pair only 77 is checking that flop..... why didnt u min raise he would of shoved then u can hollywood and fold u had no info you just shoved i would love to play cash with u lol and trap u like a mouse in a chees factory lol!!!
    Posted by 2good4tv81
    I dont think greg played hand well, but this is way over the top, everyone plays hands badly

To answer your quesion: I sometimes 3bet pre and check a 772 flop (not often, but sometimes I do)

Why wouldnt he shove river with a boat or a flush?

Why do you think 55 folds the flop?

Stop insulting him, go play him if you would love it so much instead of mouthing off
  • edited December 2011

Idcu:

Fold to 3bet pre usually, I prefer c/r river as he usually will fold to that bet as played . Only raises monsters or air

Greg:

fold pre

bet flop or give up

definitely fold when he leads river

• edited December 2011
    as the flush hits river - leading is fine
    oppo value hands check the river back too often here

if oppo somehwo hits flush does oppo raise - hope so !!
    The river card doesnt' change much though does it really :S
    Suppose c/r is ok too - 50/50 on this one - niether can be bad

Greg - should bet flop and barrel turn = understand why you check flop but it just leads to prs calling you down ) Which is good if you have it, not so god with bluffs )

IDONK - what would you do if blank river !!

• edited December 2011
    if blank river i would of check called i put gregg on a range ak aq  i was calling him down didnt think he had much 
  • edited December 2011
    if blank river i would of check called i put gregg on a range ak aq  i was calling him down didnt think he had much 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Can't see you being a ahead enough of the time )
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i lead out the river or check raise : Can't see you being a ahead enough of the time )
    Posted by rancid
    why not?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i lead out the river or check raise : why not?
    Posted by grantorino
    If 5 doesn't hit river and Gregg barrels - Donk is only beating a bluff

Don't think bluffs would turn up here often enough if river is a blank

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i lead out the river or check raise : If 5 doesn't hit river and Gregg barrels - Donk is only beating a bluff Don't think bluffs would turn up here often enough if river is a blank
    Posted by rancid
    maybe, what value hands would you expect greg to have though? Not many imo
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i lead out the river or check raise : maybe, what value hands would you expect greg to have though? Not many imo
    Posted by grantorino
    3 bet pre so......

what does he 3 bet pre with and check flop/ bet turn with :s

More likely overprs than AK/AQ - and then fire river :s

balance would be nicer though !!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i lead out the river or check raise : 3 bet pre so...... what does he 3 bet pre with and check flop/ bet turn with :s More likely overprs than AK/AQ - and then fire river :s balance would be nicer though !!
    Posted by rancid
    if he has a hand he likes surely he bets flop to try get his stack in by river?

These arent direct reads on greg or anything, but tags dont check big pairs on that board too often in my experience. Maybe they should but I would expect to be ahead a lot if the river card is a J or smaller. Whether he bets the river though is a big question here, I would expect him to check back a lot
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i lead out the river or check raise : if he has a hand he likes surely he bets flop to try get his stack in by river? These arent direct reads on greg or anything, but tags dont check big pairs on that board too often in my experience. Maybe they should but I would expect to be ahead a lot if the river card is a J or smaller. Whether he bets the river though is a big question here, I would expect him to check back a lot
    Posted by grantorino
    Maybe I am giving Gregg too much credit, maybe he does play big prs and bluffs the same way !!
    And checking this flop is just normal !

• edited December 2011
    gregg checked flop so didnt think he had a pocket pair say jj above if he did have a pocket pair he would bet all 3 streets to get max value i think 
  • edited December 2011
    hes just a spew monkey, everyone knows that :-)

• edited December 2011

Thanks for the constructive criticism GT.

At least spews like this show that im not a nit any more!

On this table i had been active, I was isolating idonk a fair bit and i thought in this hand that he was weak on the end (playing back), and would fold to a ship. epic misread but there u go lol

Re: betting the flop. I will not always bet the flop with made hands so i dont think my line is inconsistant with times that i will hae a full house. But ye, wrong board and wrong time/place. oh well

idonk played it perfect cos he got the max. who knows what id hae done if he just checks the end, i certainly dont lol.

• edited December 2011
    hes just a monkey, everyone knows that :-)
    Posted by pod1
    fyp.

-----------

PM coming b4 5pm today Pod, if u don't recieve a PM, u can justifiably PM me complaining that  you haven't yet received a PM.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i lead out the river or check raise : ...You know he satellited into the WSOP a few years ago, right? He's not that bad :P lol
    Posted by EvilPingu
    wow he sat in to the wsop well he must be mustard! u big idiot what does that mean  i never said he was bad he played the hand bad he knows it so does  everyone else if he barrelled the flop and turn idonk  folds as the meerkats say SIMPLES!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the constructive criticism GT. At least spews like this show that im not a nit any more! On this table i had been active, I was isolating idonk a fair bit and i thought in this hand that he was weak on the end (playing back), and would fold to a ship. epic misread but there u go lol Re: betting the flop. I will not always bet the flop with made hands so i dont think my line is inconsistant with times that i will hae a full house. But ye, wrong board and wrong time/place. oh well idonk played it perfect cos he got the max. who knows what id hae done if he just checks the end, i certainly dont lol.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    OK THATS A FAIR COMMENT BUT IN CASH GAMES U SHOULD KNOW U CANT 3 BET PF AND CHECK THE FLOP EVEN IF U HAD AA U GOT TO C BET TO PROTECT YOUR HAND.I WAS ON MASTERCASH LAST NIGHT 10/20P THIS GUY KEPT BETTER 8 TIMES THE POT WHEN HE WAS BLUFFING WAITED TILL I HAD A MADE HAND FLAT CALLED TILL THE RIVER AND SHOVED WHEN HE WAS POT COMMITTED FOR A £50 POT SIMILAR SIT AS I KNEW HE WAS BLUFFING 99PC OF TIME, SAME HERE MATE U ONLY GOT IT 10PC OF THE TIME OTHER TIMES U GOT A HIGH.OH WELL U LIVE AND LEARN LOL!
  • edited December 2011
    this should be in BBV seriously

2good caps lock of ftw
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i lead out the river or check raise : wow he sat in to the wsop well he must be mustard! u big idiot what does that mean  i never said he was bad he played the hand bad he knows it so does  everyone else if he barrelled the flop and turn idonk  folds as the meerkats say SIMPLES!
    Posted by 2good4tv81
    Don't you have anything better to do than sit at a computer and insult people? I think I've seen 1 post from you on this forum that isn't insulting someone else.

My point wasn't "He's played in the WSOP he must be God". My point was that although he played the hand badly (I never said he didn't) he's not a bad player either and certainly not deserving of the sort of idiotic, abusive posts that you've been posting.

As you claim to be such a good player, why are you on here posting rubbish as opposed to say, taking money off the fish at 300NL? )