You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM - AK in BB, Worth Raising?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
With this many limpers is a raise even worth it wen 2-3 calls likely ?
PIDGEY79 Small blind   25.00 25.00 1190.00
Dudeskin8 Big blind   50.00 75.00 1915.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

wageman82 Call   50.00 125.00 1590.00
stu5 Call   50.00 175.00 1055.00
DHodder Call   50.00 225.00 3930.00
dammit Call   50.00 275.00 2045.00
PIDGEY79 Call   25.00 300.00 1165.00
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited December 2011
    i would raise to about 250 try n get heads up then c-bet any flop usually takes it down 
  • edited December 2011
    pot 300, I shove.  Once UTG folds we know its got through, the only hand that calls is utg if he limped with AA or KK.  If we make it 300 pre, if one calls we may go 3/4 way to the flop oop.
    It also makes peeps scared of us and we might get a few walks when we are in the bb.
  • edited December 2011
    lol just fold if your thinking like that )

shove
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - AK in BB, Worth Raising?:
    pot 300, I shove.  Once UTG folds we know its got through, the only hand that calls is utg if he limped with AA or KK.  If we make it 300 pre, if one calls we may go 3/4 way to the flop oop. It also makes peeps scared of us and we might get a few walks when we are in the bb.
    Posted by freechips1
    +1
  • edited December 2011

I was also gonna say shove b4 reading the replies.

You know what will happen though, the guy who's limped pocket 4's will 'put you on AK' and snap call u off. 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - AK in BB, Worth Raising?:
    I was also gonna say shove b4 reading the replies. You know what will happen though, the guy who's limped pocket 4's will 'put you on AK' and snap call u off. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    true )

or mr passive who's limped AJ wiill snap !!
  • edited December 2011

Just trying to decide if a shove is good here, can't believe there has been 5 limpers. It looks absolutely fine tbh, and could easily be the best play, imo. The real problem for me is the stack of the original limper, he is the one most likely to play and he has a few too many chips for my liking. My default preference in this spot would be to make it 400 more and then reassess pre-flop. But then that seems a little bit like burning chips because if he then shoves I think he probably has just about enough to make us sigh-fold. If he had a ~1000 stack it would be a lot more straight forward. I probably still make it 400 and reassess, hoping to get it through, or go against one of the 2 shorter stacks, tbh. I can't see anything at all wrong with shoving though, in fact I think it would probably gain you a lot of value in the long run vs AJ, AQ type hands who think you're at it trying to pick up the dead money.