You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

tactics

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
hi guys,

being a new player and having little success @cash games and MTT decided to give DYM's a try at first with mixed results after reading JC's blog however I increased the win percentage to about 70% on small stakes up £1.15 and now play mostly £2 & £3 tables slowly building a bankroll.

my question is , at what point should I step up to the bigger stakes with a lower rake value as a few poor games could easily wipe out the early successes.

thanks

Comments

• edited December 2011
    i think dyms i think u can play withing 10 per cent of your roll so if your playing £1.15 ya should have £15 bankroll if ya playing £3.30 dyms ya should have £30 as ya bankroll good luck at the tables :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ya defo need 20 - 50 buy-ins for dyms , ya also defo need to multi table , 3-4 is a gd startin point and gl with ya roll building xx
  • edited December 2011
    On JC's blog he has a strategy of getting to 22 BI's for the level you want to play then having two shots at that level, if you win those two games then you now have a little foot-hold to keep going but if you lose them just go back and rebuild, eventually you'll get some run good and break through.
  • edited December 2011
    hi guys thats sound advice thanks my worry is that the higher stakes tables would have by nature better players and therefore harder to win but I will take on board the answers given