You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

shame amir khan lost but what a fight he got beat by the better fighter

edited December 2011 in Betting Chat
what an amazing fight last nite stayed up till 4.30 am to watch it and i wasnt dissapointed fight of the year for me amazing 

Comments

• edited December 2011

Ditto.

Relentless from both fighters in their own styles.

I think it showed that Khan still has a lot to learn tactically at the top level - I'm pretty sure Mayweather would have boxed himself to a clean points win with relative ease when Peterson stepped up the aggression. 

But I hope this fight finally lays to rest some idiots who still question Khan's heart, stamina and chin because of one freak result years ago.

Khan's got a great training team behind him - he should come back from this an even better boxer, can't wait for the re-match and hopefully even bigger fights in the future.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: shame amir khan lost but what a fight he got beat by the better fighter:
    Ditto. Relentless from both fighters in their own styles. I think it showed that Khan still has a lot to learn tactically at the top level - I'm pretty sure Mayweather would have boxed himself to a clean points win with relative ease when Peterson stepped up the aggression.  But I hope this fight finally lays to rest some idiots who still question Khan's heart, stamina and chin because of one freak result years ago. Khan's got a great training team behind him - he should come back from this an even better boxer, can't wait for the re-match and hopefully even bigger fights in the future.
    Posted by JingleMa
    Khan WILL come back and thats a cert , but please do not put either of these two in the SAME league as MAYWEATHER , he would prob destroy them both on the same night ;)
  • edited December 2011
    peterson what a brawler he was getting hit by khan but walking thru them everything peterson came out with khan was scared and he was using bad tactics bkhan will never face mayweather he to good i think hatton is better then khan so khan will have no chance against mayweather  i think manny pac man is the best tho he would beat mayweather i think 
  • edited December 2011

Khan def has the ability to give Mayweather a good fight in a couple of years imo (he's technically a far superior fighter than Hatton). 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: shame amir khan lost but what a fight he got beat by the better fighter:
    Khan def has the ability to give Mayweather a good fight in a couple of years imo (he's technically a far superior fighter than Hatton). 
    Posted by JingleMa

+1 in a couple of years yes.he now has the heart of hatton,and technically a lot sharper.