You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Final Table Strategy

edited November 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
What is the best strategy for a final table in a multi-table tournament?

I have now been in two
 - one as cheap lead 2:1 finished third
 - one as second lowest out of 6 and finished third.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Final Table Strategy:
    What is the best strategy for a final table in a multi-table tournament? I have now been in two  - one as cheap lead 2:1 finished third  - one as second lowest out of 6 and finished third.
    Posted by Urdadi

Well, im not an expert at this probably because i dont make the final table that often. However the most important thing is to look at your chip stack in relation to the blinds and your opponants chips stacks and to have some idea about each of your opponants shoving range and their perception of yours.

Also... play to win! Agression is the key to taking down a tournament in the latter stages. Especially 3 handed and HU.

• edited October 2009
    be  agersivewith your  hands   no limping   heads   push    with  any  pocket  pairs   rag  aces   top ten  hands    get  to  heads  dont  be  bullied  any  two  cards  are  live
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks for the advice guys. Will use if ever luck enough to get back there.
  • edited November 2009

depending on your chip stack, if u go in as chip leader then you must have 10/15 times the big blind, patience is the key here you will get the hands, short stacked only 1 option really any hand will do as u will be bullied and the blinds will quickly destroy ur stack, but with any table u play urdadi the luck of the draw will hopefully be on your side, unless im sitting on the same table of course.

• edited November 2009
      The main thing that i can see is that you can not sit down on a final table with a strategy all laid out. Firstly there are usually 1 or 2 short stacks who will be shoving at the first decent opportunity. Choosing whether to get involved with them is about position cards and stack sizes.

The only piece of advice i can come up with is to try to ease your way in and get a read on the table dynamics. But if you pick up a big and early on then playing ulta- agressive with it seems to be a must.
       Hope you have many more final tables and also start to win some of them