You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Really bad session, what next?

After grinding the NL4 for what felt like an eternity I made it to £200 and started playing NL10. Friday I was at £232 and by Saturday afternoon I was up to £260. After a catastrophic Saturday evening I was back to £210 and then this morning I lost another £25 meaning I have £185 now.

Much of this was from bad play and a serious case of "can't-fold-top-pair-itis" and a couple of buy ins were lost to coolers. In terms of bankroll management what is my best respons to this?

Should I go back to NL4 and win back the £25 that I lost this morning or better to keep at the NL10 and hope the variance will even itself out?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    I haven't played cash in a while but the last time I did I found dropping down to NL8 to be very profitable as the standard seemed super awful like NL4 but double the money, NL10 can also be great but there were always a lot of nitty tag tables for my liking and finding a decent bad table was tough.
  • edited December 2011
    Id drop down to NL8 mate to be on the safe side.
    Have a stab at a couple £3.30-£5 DYM's aswell to break up your game abit if cash isnt going your way,
    that should bring you up a bit.
    If you fall lower than £150 id drop another level and work your way from there.
    Let me know how it goes for you.