You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THIS IS THE STANDARD

edited December 2011 in Area 51
These idiots get rewarded against me constantly

veggey1 Small blind  150.00 150.00 2370.00 igimc Big blind  300.00 450.00 3977.50  Your hole cards 9 9    eddzey30 Call  300.00 750.00 5640.00 hady15 Raise  1200.00 1950.00 28305.00 shaungb01 Fold     major1962 Call  1200.00 3150.00 5308.50 veggey1 Fold     igimc All-in  3977.50 7127.50 0.00 eddzey30 Fold     hady15 Fold     major1962 All-in  5308.50 12436.00 0.00 major1962 Unmatched bet  2231.00 10205.00 2231.00 igimc Show 9 9    major1962 Show 8 Q    Flop  7 7 4    Turn  5    River  10    major1962 Win Flush to the Queen 10205.00  12436.00 PrevClose windowNext

Comments

• edited December 2011
    flush makes it look bad, but your not fave by much pre. that said. UL WP
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    haha WTF you serious thats just an average hand of poker, bit of a loose call but he had you well covered, had all ready invested and had suited Q, so nothing strange. have a cranberry juice and quit crying
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: THIS IS THE STANDARD:
    haha WTF you serious thats just an average hand of poker, bit of a loose call but he had you well covered, had all ready invested and had suited Q, so nothing strange. have a cranberry juice and quit crying
    Posted by rundonesum
    BIT of a loose call........................yeah i'd say so

HE had ya covered........................yeah wtf is Q 8 SUITED beatin here??

Think you had better stick to the 'cranberry juice' if ya play the same as this
  • edited December 2011
    if he can see igimcs hand he has to call.

He's getting better than 2.5/1 so needs summat like 30+% equity?

He's got 32% against 99.

+ev call :P

He's also 32% against a reasonable range of........  {77+,AJs+,KQs,AJo+}.......so it's a fair enough call.

His initial flat is shocking tho
  • edited December 2011
    if he can see igimcs hand he has to call. He's getting better than 2.5/1 so needs summat like 30+% equity? He's got 32% against 99. +ev call :P H e's also 32% against a r easonabl e rang e of........   {77+,AJs+,KQs,AJo+}.......so it's a fair  enough call. His initial flat is shocking tho
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dohh if ure playin THIS hand of majors and its been raised , you flat and then get an all-in do you ever ever ever reckon ure ahead??

+ i know for a fact this hand IS a fold ......................easy fold

+ he cant see his hand can he??
  • edited December 2011
    We don't need 2 be ahead to make the call, far from it.

1st time around it's a snap fold ofc, but 2nd time it's an easyish call really getting those odds & closing the action.

Equity is powerful :D
  • edited December 2011
    We don't need 2 be ahead to make the call, far from it. 1st time around it's a snap fold ofc, but 2nd time it's an easyish call really getting those odds & closing the action. Equity is powerful :D
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well then i aint suprised that ure tourny run gd aint really that good , soz mate but thats a fact ;)) xx
  • edited December 2011
    if you don't agree with my maths &/or ranges then of course I'm happy for you to prove me wrong.....

but I've used the maths to prove that it is inadeed a plus ev call...

You simply cannot argue with that unless think I've made a mistake with my equity calculation, in which case I'd like you to point out where I've gone wrong so I can learn for nxt time?
  • edited December 2011
    edit, here is my working out....

pot is 7127 after the shove from igimc

it's 2.8k more for hero to call

7127/2800 = 2.54

So we're getting 2.54/1 to call.....

This means we need around 29/30% equity against his range

Against a tight range of {77+,AJs+,KQs,AJo+} we have got 32%.......

So its a call

------------------

not v confident @ all with the above btw, and hope sum1 corrects me if i've gon wrong sumwhere!

• edited December 2011
    if he can see igimcs hand he has to call. He's getting better than 2.5/1 so needs summat like 30+% equity? He's got 32% against 99. +ev call :P H e's also 32% against a r easonabl e rang e of........   {77+,AJs+,KQs,AJo+}.......so it's a fair  enough call. His initial flat is shocking tho
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    please dont justify  them playing bingo poker...

its bad enough that they play ne 2 suited
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: THIS IS THE STANDARD : please dont justify  them playing bingo poker... its bad enough that they play ne 2 suited
    Posted by bigal36903
    Sigh, it isn't me justifying it, it's the maths (assuming they r correct)

As Debs would say, it's a good call, FACT.
  • edited December 2011
    Dohhhh/jj is spot on. 

Terrible play in the first place but when the chips went in odds justified the call, im sure the caller didnt think of it that way tho. 

If I had jj's poker ability as Tony Angelino would say, "you'd be wich"!
  • edited December 2011
    i cant wait to see this rubbish happen to them. then they might stop playing the rubbish hands..  or do they not get unlucky to play other rubbish players who wont play this sort of hand
  • edited December 2011
    edit, here is my working out.... pot is 7127 after the shove from igimc it's 2.8k more for hero to call 7127/2800 = 2.54 So we're getting 2.54/1 to call..... This means we need around 29/30% equity against his range Against a tight range of {77+,AJs+,KQs,AJo+} we have got 32%....... So its a call ------------------ not v confident @ all with th e above btw, and hope sum1 corrects me if i've gon wrong sumwhere!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dohh my darlin i aint even gonna TRY to say ure workin out is wrong , ure above me on this obv , i just say that this call over time , NOT KNOWING what shovers range is , is imo terrabad and long term is a loser.

Why risk ure lovely built stack in a situation like this ??
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: THIS IS THE STANDARD : Dohh my darlin i aint even gonna TRY to say ure workin out is wrong , ure above me on this obv , i just say that this call over time , NOT KNOWING what shovers range is , is imo terrabad and long term is a loser. Why risk ure lovely built stack in a situation like this ??
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Well first of all we both 100% agree his initial call is absolutely shocking! right? 

But after that, we have to re-assess the situation and try to make the right play ............

We never ever know for sure what out opponent has, so to make the best decision we have to assign a "likely range", and then figure out how good our hand is against our opponents "percieved range", then make the decision......

Here I think we can assume igimc has a good hand......

77? 88? 99? TT,,,,JJ QQ KK AA of course.....

AKs is a great hand here, so he could have that.

AKo is also the perfect hand in this situation...

I like AQs and AQo here too....

KQs is a hand that plays well, and could well shove it here.

As could AJs & AJ, as we're kinda short, and these r also good hands...........

---------------

So if u put all the above hands into the catagory of "igmics range", we need to have the pot odds to beat that range.

With Q8s we have it, so we have to call.

-------------------

Whilst my MTT record is poor by my own admission, my short stacked game (<20xbb) is pretty good, as you can see by my turbo mttt/hu hyper record. 

----------------------

U gotta call here. 

• edited December 2011
    Wow thats sum very cute workin out , i would never have imagined this was a call , so tho it looked bad it actually isnt.

This is why i always listen to you xx
  • edited December 2011
    Imo, in terms of preserving his tournament life, (the main objective in a tournament), he has better odds to fold than to call. If he loses, then he is most probably out of the tournie, and the odds most definitely are, that he will lose.
     Having the odds to call in terms of chips on the table should not mean you have to call in a tournament. In a cash game, he would certainly have to call in this situation, but in a tournament I would agree with Debs here, and get out of way in order to preserve a highly playable stack.
  • edited December 2011
    Imo, in terms of preserving his tournament life, (the main objective in a tournament), he has better odds to fold than to call. If he loses, then he is most probably out of the tournie, and the odds most definitely are, that he will lose.  Having the odds to call in terms of chips on the table should not mean you have to call in a tournament. In a cash game, he would certainly have to call in this situation, but in a tournament I would agree with Debs here, and get out of way in order to preserve a highly playable stack.
    Posted by oynutter

well u wud wunt ya !!!!!!!! :@:@:@:@ xxxx ;)
  • edited December 2011
    LOL--- I suppose I would be worrying more about making the cash than you would JJ, but that's just because you're rich, and I'm poor---lol
  • edited December 2011
    LOL--- I suppose I would be worrying more about making the cash than you would JJ, but that's just because you're rich, and I'm poor---lol
    Posted by oynutter
    hes rich in the sense that hes got his whole poker life in front of him but hes poor in the sense in that he keeps spending what bit of money he has now on cider and pizza
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to THIS IS THE STANDARD:
    These idiots get rewarded against me constantly veggey1 Small blind   150.00 150.00 2370.00 igimc Big blind   300.00 450.00 3977.50   Your hole cards 9 9       eddzey30 Call   300.00 750.00 5640.00 hady15 Raise   1200.00 1950.00 28305.00 shaungb01 Fold         major1962 Call   1200.00 3150.00 5308.50 veggey1 Fold         igimc All-in   3977.50 7127.50 0.00 eddzey30 Fold         hady15 Fold         major1962 All-in   5308.50 12436.00 0.00 major1962 Unmatched bet   2231.00 10205.00 2231.00 igimc Show 9 9       major1962 Show 8 Q       Flop     7 7 4       Turn     5       River     10       major1962 Win Flush to the Queen 10205.00   12436.00 Prev Close window Next
    Posted by igimc
    You were hit with what i call the "SUCKER CARDS"....9s 10s Js Qs...These are all the sucker cards!

Your allin with 99 is risky..in that ..there are 5 over cards to 99...The Q8 suited has more outs! The gamble was how many hearts were folded! Or how many 9s were folded! Anyway you were drawing to fewer cards!

Beware the "dangling carrott" or "sucker cards!"
  • edited December 2011
    dohhh your maths is slightly wrong as he has to call 3.1k off not 2.8k, didnt check he rest of it
  • edited December 2011
    ruddy ell, lolraise in area 51, now we is in trouble!!!
  • edited December 2011

If i had q8 suited in that pos,i,d have folded,but i,m surprised he was,nt taken on by 88 or 66.Thats wat normally happens lol.If it was only a 30p dym i,d call for the craic,whats 30p between frnds,anyway doh,never mind odds.its all luck they tell me,like bingo.happy new year