You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Party Tightwads

edited November 2009 in The Shed
I forgot to share this little gem with you all peeps. I held a party with the missus a couple of weeks ago, it was with friends of ours and maybe twenty were invited. Everyone decided that they would all bring certain items of snacks, one would bring chrisps, another cheese and onions on sticks, another vol-eau-vents, three or four would bring different sandwiches etc etc. Guest were duly arriving, a couple are single (no jokes about swingers lol) one of them brought a bottle of wine and went straight into the kitchen and was straight onto the vodka ffs. Well, the night went on we were having a great time, and then we came to organise the food and i kid you all not, this is what happened. I opened a carrier bag and inside wrapped up in tin foil were some sandwiches. Picture the scene, they were not cut into quarters, had no butter on them and inside were those cheese slices you get wrapped in plastic, and the plastic was still on them!! How lazy can anyone be. No one admitted guilt lol however i was wondering if anyone else can share some party experiences.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Mmmmmm, plastic coated processed cheeese ... Arrgggghhhhhhhhh <droool>

How many puke points did you set up?*

*Peep Show
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Party Tightwads:
    Mmmmmm, plastic coated processed cheeese ... Arrgggghhhhhhhhh <droool /> How many puke points did you set up?* *Peep Show
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    no one ate them lol
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Party Tightwads:
    In Response to Re: Party Tightwads : no one ate them lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    Pff! There's no pleasing some people!

• edited October 2009
    I would have toasted them and handed them out lol
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Party Tightwads:
    I forgot to share this little gem with you all peeps. I held a party with the missus a couple of weeks ago, it was with friends of ours and maybe twenty were invited. Everyone decided that they would all bring certain items of snacks, one would bring chrisps, another cheese and onions on sticks, another vol-eau-vents, three or four would bring different sandwiches etc etc. Guest were duly arriving, a couple are single (no jokes about swingers lol) one of them brought a bottle of wine and went straight into the kitchen and was straight onto the vodka ffs. Well, the night went on we were having a great time, and then we came to organise the food and i kid you all not, this is what happened. I opened a carrier bag and inside wrapped up in tin foil were some sandwiches. Picture the scene, they were not cut into quarters, had no butter on them and inside were those cheese slices you get wrapped in plastic, and the plastic was still on them!! How lazy can anyone be. No one admitted guilt lol however i was wondering if anyone else can share some party experiences.
    Posted by loonytoons
    I threw up on Susan at the school disco and she still kissed me (too much Dr pepper)
  • edited October 2009
    i would have finger printed the guests then the bag and chucked them out lol
  • edited November 2009
    My brother paid for a buffet at the Village hotel for his partner's 40th, about 13 quid a head it was. He actually ordered food for 100 guests but only about 65 turned up.

There was enough food to feed about 40 of those if they rationed their plates.

I managed to sniff the last sausage roll before giving it to a crying hungry child.

When he complained, the hotel told him that the food they provided was adequate and sufficient.

The only people it would have been adequate for were anorexic supermodels. It consisted of about 20 sausage rolls cut in half, 20 panini's (again cut in half) and 40 barbeque chicken wings.

There wasn't even enough plates to go round, my mother really kicked off as she is very 'old school' and if there isn't five plates of sandwiches left, then there wasn't enough food done. So they asked her to leave!

We had to stop at K.F.C. on the way home.

The rob dogs are rediculous on the drinks as well.