You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AK hits top pair but are these donk bets?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
what to do here I have no real reads on any player, been on table a short while and there seemed to be a lot of donk betting. Thought please?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
JimJQKSmall blind £0.05£0.05£14.29
danchuchuBig blind £0.10£0.15£9.04
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

coleman1Raise £0.30£0.45£15.24
TOPOPTIONSFold    
element77Fold    
waynecRaise £0.90£1.35£8.95
JimJQKCall £0.85£2.20£13.44
danchuchuCall £0.80£3.00£8.24
coleman1Call £0.60£3.60£14.64
Flop

• K

JimJQKCheck    
danchuchuBet £3.60£7.20£4.64
coleman1Raise £7.20£14.40£7.44
waynec????    

Comments

• edited December 2011
    After 3betting pre w/AK I think it's the law to get it in if we hit TPTK, however a POT donkbet followed by MR is well strong, neither player with stacksize can fold now so you must surely be beat.

I fold.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Danchuchu has cold called from the big blind. What sort of hands does he do this with? He could be doing it with 66 or 77 and has now hit his set but I would expect a player to check-raise with two more players to act in a 4-way pot, he has to assume that someone has at least a king and will bet to slim down the field. KQ makes sense if the guy is a poor player. Cold calling a 3-bet with KQ out of possition is bad so if he's going to do this he has be willing to get it all in on a king-high flop, donk betting full pot is the best way to do this.

The "click back" from the orrigional raiser could be lots of things on such a wet board, Could be kings but the pre-flop action suggests otherwise. Why would he call a 3-bet closing the action in a 4-way pot with kings? He wouldn't. But he might call with 66 or 77 which beat you.

Facing one donk bet then you should be getting it all in, especially from danchuchu. But when the orrigional pre-flop raiser raises this bet then I think it's a sigh fold. One of them has to have a set.
  • edited December 2011
    meh prob sighfold, dont hate calling. Never folding hu

EDIT: If continuing obv you should shove not call, mistake made above. Also what do you mean by are these donk bets? A donk bet is when someone leads into player who had betting lead from previous streer 
  • edited December 2011
    tricky spot here i think it depends on can you afford to lose and rebuy i dnt mind a shove and dnt mind a fold i would never call tho so many bad turn cards 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: AK hits top pair but are these donk bets?:
    all in
    Posted by rancid

That was my view and did shove, I was facing a set and 2 pair (K7 sic) maybe this is an example when to fold top pair/top kicker?