You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DTD - Is This Way Too Nitty??

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Is this way too nitty? I check the flop confident of action coming behind me and I plan to check/raise but when the guy just shoves 10k into a pot of that size I can't see that I can be doing anything more than spltting at best and I really just dont feel the need to take this risk when I've built up a nice playable stack.

So what dya think, too nitty?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
evers10 Small blind   75.00 75.00 3475.00
Lambert180 Big blind   150.00 225.00 11840.00
  Your hole cards
  • K

potter55 Fold        
MYSHARKY Fold        
gilch60 Call   150.00 375.00 4833.75
GOLDLAND Call   150.00 525.00 10962.50
evers10 Call   75.00 600.00 3400.00
Lambert180 Check        
Flop

• A

evers10 Check        
Lambert180 Check        
gilch60 Check        
GOLDLAND All-in   10962.50 11562.50 0.00
evers10 Fold        
Lambert180 Fold        
gilch60 Fold        
GOLDLAND Muck        
GOLDLAND Win   600.00   600.00
GOLDLAND Return   10962.50 0.00 11562.50

Comments

• edited December 2011
    If ya gonna start foldin flopped trips/sets then methinks ya have a confidence problem
  • edited December 2011
    OMGGGGGGG !!!

You have the 3rd nuts on that board right in a LIMPED pot? Jesus.

I would probably do serious damage to my mouse making the call here.
  • edited December 2011
    omggggggggggggg how the hell can u fold this are u crazy an over bet all in is never a 7 here hes got a ace or flush draw i would never fold this in a million years 
  • edited December 2011
    can't see any reason to ever fold here
  • edited December 2011
    WOW!
     I cant ever fold this,flush draw 4 me 2
    Might as well fold pre in bb if ur gonna fold this
  • edited December 2011
    lambert i wouldnt of posted this every 1 gonna say the same thing i just cant see how u can possibly fold this 
  • edited December 2011
    I just can't see how he's betting 10,000 into 600 with a bare ace or even on a flush draw. Is it really worth risking your tournament life with a flush draw just to win 600 chips? I think it's way too big a shove to be stealing... granted he's losing alot of value from AA and A7 (the 2 hands beating me) but I just can't see the need to risk practically my tourney life when i've only invested 80 chips and I've got 11k+ behind.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DTD - Is This Way Too Nitty??:
    lambert i wouldnt of posted this every 1 gonna say the same thing i just cant see how u can possibly fold this 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Well obviously I posted it cos I dont think everyone will say it. I might be wrong but I think theres is some arguement for this in a deepstack when I've invested 80 chips at the 40/80 level and am now being asked to put 11k in the pot to call
  • edited December 2011
    yeah not being rude its a low buy in tourney people play crazy i seen it loads of times before i would 100 percent call 
  • edited December 2011
    LOL, call more :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yes its way too nitty
  • edited December 2011
    Alright maybe I admit I was wrong lol... and I'm just trying to justify my mistake.

I should have called and doubled up but I was too scared.

I'm up to 30k now though so its not all bad :)

• edited December 2011
    fold, just wait for the nuts :)
  • edited December 2011

if you are folding this just sit out for a few levels till you are short enough to consider stacking off as at least a 70% favourite

• edited December 2011
    I can see what you mean. if you think you could out play this guy later on a fold is not drastic. atleast your still in the tournament after the fold. Saying that i would probably make the call. i'd most likely fold anything less than 7-10.
  • edited December 2011
    What are you doing? Might aswell click the X on top right of ur screen and not bother if ur folding stuff like this
  • edited December 2011

this is one of the worst folds i have ever seen lol

if he had aces (which he would have limped in with) or a7, which are the only hands you are scared of, would you shove your full stack in and scare off your opponant? i just cant see what your thinking when you fold here

• edited December 2011
    What are you doing? Might aswell click the X on top right of ur screen and not bother if ur folding stuff like this
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    OR as dohh once told sumone 'click exit , go to preferences , click self exclude from sky poker for 5 yrs' defo no decisions to make then ;))
  • edited December 2011
    WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU SHOVE THERE WITH AA OR A7???

why play poker if your folding here?

by posting this your making yourself look silly its an absoloute snap call
  • edited December 2011
    I understand your concerns but this should never be a fold.

Is it April the 1st again?

Pot may only be 600 but your going to be in a fantastic position when the hands over vast majority of time.
  • edited December 2011

I just fainted. 
  • edited December 2011
    looool dohhhh this has gotta be the worst fold in history £1.10 tourney people play crazyyyyyyy and u have basically the nuts coz the villain wouldnt be doing this with a full house lambert u shouldnt of posted this m8 unless u like getting slated 
  • edited December 2011
    Just to throw a spanner in the works....

I know what its like to make bad folds like this as i used to do it too.

But... If this was the WSOP ME... would the same people who snap this in a 1 quid game do it in a 10k buyin game?

Just asking. Put yourself in the position in the wsop. do you really need to risk it all early incase the guy is bad enuf to ship a made FH?

:)
  • edited December 2011
    Just to throw a spanner in the works.... I know what its like to make bad folds like this as i used to do it too. But... If this was the WSOP ME... would the same people who snap this in a 1 quid game do it in a 10k buyin game? Just asking. Put yourself in the position in the wsop. do you really need to risk it all early incase the guy is bad enuf to ship a made FH? :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    i think the opponants you would face in a wsop would be slightly better then a 1.10 mtt opponant lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DTD - Is This Way Too Nitty?? : i think the opponants you would face in a wsop would be slightly better then a 1.10 mtt opponant lol
    Posted by robyoung
    ud be surprised! There are some really bad players!

• edited December 2011
    Just to throw a spanner in the works.... I know what its like to make bad folds like this as i used to do it too. But... If this was the WSOP ME... would the same people who snap this in a 1 quid game do it in a 10k buyin game? Just asking. Put yourself in the position in the wsop. do you really need to risk it all early incase the guy is bad enuf to ship a made FH? :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Yes, after a nice long tank. Would put them on a horrificly played ace/pocket pair.
  • edited December 2011
    yeah fold oppo is so polarised and is balancing range pre with the limp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D  you have the nutz -- call
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry Lambert I have to agree with the concencus too

I can understand your logic, why risk your tournament with so little invested in the pot, but, and it's a big but...........  there are only 2 hands in the deck that are beating you here and there's no way you can see him playing either of those hands this way unless he has you pegged as a complete LAG who will call off with a bare A.

Even against the very strongest flush draw - KQ clubs, you're still a 70% favourite.  The very, very worse shape I can see you being in here is againgst Kc 7h where all but 4.5% of the time you'll split it, and it's very unlikely he has that hand anyway.

I think it's a snap call and if he has it a very, very long sigh!

Than again, maybe the guy will come on here and prove us all wrong and tell you he actually did have AA or A7 and you can be very, very smug indeed ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Snap his hand off :)

That big a shove for what he can win is madness as he isn't even short and the blinds aren't big! If he has a hand beating you (full house) I don't see why he would do it as the value lost would be immense. Looks more like someone who doesn't know what they are doing. Was it a £1.10 tournament as someone said?