You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Eng/Wales/Scotland/Ireland (x2) Fantasy 11!

In Response to Eng/Wales/Scotland/Ireland (x2) Fantasy 11!:
First team, and 11 subs..... No limit on the no of players from each nation, republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland included. Go for it .........................
Posted by DOHHHHHHH

GK - Joe Hart 

RB - Glenn Johnson CB Rio Ferdinand CB Gary Cahill LB - Ashley Cole 

RM - Ashley Young  CM - Aaron Ramsey CM - Jack Wilshere LM- Gareth Bale 

CF - Wayne Rooney CF - Jermain Defoe

Will come back with subs and make an effort to think about non england players.

Comments

• edited December 2011

First team, and 7 subs.....

Any players still playing, who haven't retired from International football are allowed. 

No limit on the no of players from each nation, republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland are included.

Try not to be biased and make yourself look a plonker, your reputation is on the line !

Go for it .........................
  • edited December 2011
    for mine im going to go for a creative line up i think. Standard 4-4-2 but with all players looking to go forward bar centre backs

1. Alan McGregor
    Solid keeper, always reliable.

2. Alan Hutton
    Choice of 2 right back in my opinion but going for an attacking approch i feel Hutton would offer more in that role.

3. Micah Richards
    I dont think any british based 18 would be complete without him.

4. Rio Ferdinand
    Solid defender.

5. Ashley Cole
    Like the right back spot i have two choices here and i think Ashley offers the more attacking approch.

7. Steven Naismith
    Again suspect ill raise eyebrows. I think we played correctly he has the talent to play on a much higher level than he currenly is. Id allow him almost a free role.

8. Steven Davis
    Probably the most creative footballer in Scottish football at present. In my opinion one of the most under-rated midfielders in football, his vision and awareness is simply awesome

6. Darren Fletcher
    Consistant midfielder. Might not be as creative as the rest of the team.

11. Gareth Bale
    Probably the best British based winger. Would also be good if Cole wanted to go forward more than comfortbale slotting in behind.

9. Jermaine Defoe
    Again an eyebrow raiser, but in the partnership i have upfront i feel he'd compliement his partner well

10. Wayne Rooney
    I think hes probably one of those strikers that needs to be on his day but given his strike partner i think we have goals here.

subs

12. Joe Hart
    Every team needs two quality keepers, and Joe Hart as back up cant really complain at that can you.

13. Steven Whittaker
    Again an eyebrow rasing choice. but with only 7 subs, i htink you need versatilitty and being able to play, RB, CB, LB, RM and LM makes him a perfect choice to have on the bench.

14. David Wier
    Find me a more experianced defender avalible and ill eat my hat

15. Charlie Adam
    One of the up and comming players in football imo. Can play muliple places across the midfield and has a creative edge.

16. David Templeton
    One of the up and comming young lads in scotland, can play both wings and very creative.

17. Gary Hooper
    Again probably a suprise choice but i want a few players that can peel off defenders.

18. Kenny Miller
    May raise eyebrows but i rekon hes probably one of the most under-rated Scottish strikers of all time. His ability and record speaks for itself.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Eng/Wales/Scotland/Ireland (x2) Fantasy 11!:
    for mine im going to go for a creative line up i think. Standard 4-4-2 but with all players looking to go forward bar centre backs 1. Alan McGregor Solid keeper, always reliable. 2. Alan Hutton Choice of 2 right back in my opinion but going for an attacking approch i feel Hutton would offer more in that role. 3. Vidic Probably one of the most consistant defenders in football 4. Carlos Cuellar Suspect ill raise a few eyebrows here. But imo, theres not a better tackler in the game. 5. Ashley Cole Like the right back spot i have two choices here and i think Ashley offers the more attacking approch. 7. Steven Naismith Again suspect ill raise eyebrows. I think we played correctly he has the talent to play on a much higher level than he currenly is. Id allow him almost a free role. 8. Steven Davis Probably the most creative footballer in Scottish football at present. In my opinion one of the most under-rated midfielders in football, his vision and awareness is simply awesome 6. Rafeal Van der Vaart Again creative and inspiring midfielder. dont think you can go wrong with him in your squad. 11. Gareth Bale Probably the best British based winger. Would also be good if Cole wanted to go forward more than comfortbale slotting in behind. 9. Jermaine Defoe Again an eyebrow raiser, but in the partnership i have upfront i feel he'd compliement his partner well 10. Wayne Rooney I think hes probably one of those strikers that needs to be on his day but given his strike partner i think we have goals here. subs 12. Joe Hart Every team needs two quality keepers, and Joe Hart as back up cant really complain at that can you. 13. Steven Whittaker Again an eyebrow rasing choice. but with only 7 subs, i htink you need versatilitty and being able to play, RB, CB, LB, RM and LM makes him a perfect choice to have on the bench. 14. Micah Richards I dont think any british based 18 would be complete without him. Again ideal to have on the bench. 15. Charlie Adam One of the up and comming players in football imo. Can play muliple places across the midfield and has a creative edge. 16. David Templeton One of the up and comming young lads in scotland, can play both wings and very creative. 17. Gary Hooper Again probably a suprise choice but i want a few players that can peel off defenders and with the back up strike partnership i think my team could really give teams a nightmare 18. Nikita Jelavic Would be an awesome partner for Hooper, Rooney or Defoe. goals are within him.
    Posted by The_Don90

Read the question!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Eng/Wales/Scotland/Ireland (x2) Fantasy 11! : Read the question!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you said on msn Almunia was allowed. Explain better next time. Sorted.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Eng/Wales/Scotland/Ireland (x2) Fantasy 11! : you said on msn Almunia was allowed. Explain better next time. Sorted.
    Posted by The_Don90
    He's qualified to play for England!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'll go with.....

Given.

Cole
    Ferdinand
    King
    Johnson

Bale
    Gerrard
    Huddlestone
    Lennon

Rooney
    Crouch

--------

Hart
    Cahill
    Wiltshire
    Delap
    Walcott
    Defoe
    Bellamy

• edited December 2011

Why are you including Ireland?

Shouldnt this be an excercise to get the GB Olympic team?

If not, this topic is pointless, might as well let don hae his foreigners

BTW my team consists of 11 Gareth Bales.

and 7 Gareth Bales on the bench

• edited December 2011
    Why are you including Ireland? Shouldnt this be an excercise to get the GB Olympic team? If not, this topic is pointless, might as well let don hae his foreigners BTW my team consists of 11 Gareth Bales. and 7 Gareth Bales on the bench
    posted by GREGHOGG
    No, it's nothing to do with the Olympics, a football competition which I agree, is actually pointless. Our team wud prob be pointless also. 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Eng/Wales/Scotland/Ireland (x2) Fantasy 11! : No, it's nothing to do with the Olympics, a football competition which I agree, is actually pointless. Our team wud prob be pointless also. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I dont think the GB Olympic Football team comp is pointless at all. Dont put words into my mouth u twonk!

• edited December 2011
    if this was for team GB then all players bar 3 would have to be under the age of 23.
  • edited December 2011
    GK - Joe Hart (England/Man City)

RB - Micah Richards (England/Man City)
    CB - John Terry (England/Chelsea)
    CB - Ledley King (England/Spurs)
    LB - Ian Harte (Ireland/Reading)

RM - Robert Snodgrass (Scotland/Leeds)
    CM - Steven Gerrard (England/Liverpool)
    CM - Jonny Howson (England U21/Leeds)
    LM - Gareth Bale (Wales/Spurs)

CF - Jermaine Defoe (England/Spurs)
    CF - Peter Crouch (England/Stoke)

----

Subs:
    Alan McGregor (Scotland/Rangers)
    Gary Cahill (England/Bolton)
    Glen Johnson (England/Liverpool)
    Jack Wilshere (England/Arsenal)
    Charlie Adam (Scotland/Liverpool)
    Robbie Keane (Ireland/LA Galaxy?)
    Jordan Rhodes (Scotland U21/Huddersfield)
  • edited December 2011
    GK J.Hart

RB M. Richards
    CB J.Terry
    CB G.Cahill
    LB A.Cole

RM A.Young
    CM A. Ramsey
    CM J.Wilshere
    LM G.Bale

CF W. Rooney
    CF A. Akinfenwa

Subs:
    S.Given
    R.Fedinand
    F.Lampard
    S.Gerrard
    C.Bellamy
    T.Walcott
    D.Bent
  • edited December 2011
    I'll go with..... Given. Cole Ferdinand King Johnson Bale Gerrard Huddlestone Lennon Rooney Crouch -------- Hart Cahill Wiltshire Delap Walcott Defoe Bellamy
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    let it go fella delap cant even get in the stoke team lol
  • edited December 2011
    GK J.Hart RB M. Richards CB J.Terry CB G.Cahill LB A.Cole RM A.Young CM A. Ramsey CM J.Wilshere LM G.Bale CF W. Rooney CF A. Akinfenwa Subs: S.Given R.Fedinand F.Lampard S.Gerrard C.Bellamy T.Walcott D.Bent
    Posted by splashies
    LOL, no bias he said
  • edited December 2011
    joe hart gk rb kyle walker lb leighton baines cb phil jagielka cb phil jones rm victor moses  cm jack wilshere darren fletcher lm gareth bale cf wayne rooney cf steven fletcher subs gk john ruddy chris smalling seamus coleman adam johnson connor whickham robert snodgrass daniel sturridge this is a youngish team   if some1 can edit this  please ty as i dont know how
  • edited December 2011
    joe hart gk

rb kyle walker
     lb leighton baines
     cb phil jagielka
     cb phil jones 

rm victor moses 
     cm jack wilshere
     darren fletcher
     lm gareth bale

cf wayne rooney
     cf steven fletcher

subs gk john ruddy
     chris smalling seamus coleman adam johnson connor whickham robert snodgrass daniel sturridge
     this is a youngish team   
  • edited December 2011
    Is Bayo even British??? Can't be surely !
  • edited December 2011
    for mine im going to go for a creative line up i think. Standard 4-4-2 but with all players looking to go forward bar centre backs 1. Alan McGregor Solid keeper, always reliable. 2. Alan Hutton Choice of 2 right back in my opinion but going for an attacking approch i feel Hutton would offer more in that role. 3. Micah Richards I dont think any british based 18 would be complete without him. 4. Rio Ferdinand Solid defender. 5. Ashley Cole Like the right back spot i have two choices here and i think Ashley offers the more attacking approch. 7. Steven Naismith Again suspect ill raise eyebrows. I think we played correctly he has the talent to play on a much higher level than he currenly is. Id allow him almost a free role. 8. Steven Davis Probably the most creative footballer in Scottish football at present. In my opinion one of the most under-rated midfielders in football, his vision and awareness is simply awesome 6. Darren Fletcher Consistant midfielder. Might not be as creative as the rest of the team. 11. Gareth Bale Probably the best British based winger. Would also be good if Cole wanted to go forward more than comfortbale slotting in behind. 9. Jermaine Defoe Again an eyebrow raiser, but in the partnership i have upfront i feel he'd compliement his partner well 10. Wayne Rooney I think hes probably one of those strikers that needs to be on his day but given his strike partner i think we have goals here. subs 12. Joe Hart Every team needs two quality keepers, and Joe Hart as back up cant really complain at that can you. 13. Steven Whittaker Again an eyebrow rasing choice. but with only 7 subs, i htink you need versatilitty and being able to play, RB, CB, LB, RM and LM makes him a perfect choice to have on the bench. 14. David Wier Find me a more experianced defender avalible and ill eat my hat 15. Charlie Adam One of the up and comming players in football imo. Can play muliple places across the midfield and has a creative edge. 16. David Templeton One of the up and comming young lads in scotland, can play both wings and very creative. 17. Gary Hooper Again probably a suprise choice but i want a few players that can peel off defenders. 18. Kenny Miller May raise eyebrows but i rekon hes probably one of the most under-rated Scottish strikers of all time. His ability and record speaks for itself.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Lol..didn't dohhhh say "try not to be biased and make yourself look a plonker"
    oops,too late.How many rangers and ex rangers players in that team?
      You probably think half those guys would get in the Barca team too!!!
    LOL just LOL.
  • edited December 2011
    Is Bayo even British??? Can't be surely !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Born in London, is that British enough for you?
  • edited December 2011
    thank you max much appreciated
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Eng/Wales/Scotland/Ireland (x2) Fantasy 11! : Lol..didn't dohhhh say "try not to be biased and make yourself look a plonker" oops,too late.How many rangers and ex rangers players in that team?   You probably think half those guys would get in the Barca team too!!! LOL just LOL.
    Posted by igimc
    tbh, some of those names where there because i believed their good enough. The First teamers. I also believe these would be the best players for the system i would adopt. not close to that of the Barcalona system at all.

The bench was made up of players who could play in multiple posisions. On the most part anyways. But tbh i dont follow English football much, i believe its money induced corporate rubbish. Imo id rather see players playing for a team they supported as a boy than players their for the money.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Eng/Wales/Scotland/Ireland (x2) Fantasy 11! : tbh, some of those names where there because i believed their good enough. The First teamers. I also believe these would be the best players for the system i would adopt. not close to that of the Barcalona system at all. The bench was made up of players who could play in multiple posisions. On the most part anyways. But tbh i dont follow English football much, i believe its money induced corporate rubbish. Imo id rather see players playing for a team they supported as a boy than players their for the money.
    Posted by The_Don90
    All English players are boyhood England fans, so it wouldn't be a problem in this scenario.

Feel free to edit ur reply if you suddenly decide Kenny Millar & Gary Hooper aren't actually the 3rd & 4th best strikers in Britain! ;)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Eng/Wales/Scotland/Ireland (x2) Fantasy 11! : All English players are boyhood England fans, so it wouldn't be a problem in this scenario. Feel free to edit ur reply if you suddenly decide Kenny Millar & Gary Hooper aren't actually the 3rd & 4th best strikers in Britain! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i actually belive Gary Hooper is up there (this is comming from me, i said henrik larrson was over-rated for years) Kenny Miller i have to agree isnt there tho.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Eng/Wales/Scotland/Ireland (x2) Fantasy 11! : i actually belive Gary Hooper is up there (this is comming from me, i said henrik larrson was over-rated for years) Kenny Miller i have to agree isnt there tho.
    Posted by The_Don90
    I think that sums up your knowledge of football.
  • edited January 2012
    england + bale.. maybe a bench place for an at best bellamy
  • edited January 2012
    hart
    walker
    cahill
    jones
    gibbs
    wilshire
    ramsey
    bale
    walcott
    young
    rooney
    subs
    smalling
    hennessey
    richards
    rodwell
    chamberlian
    welbeck
    goodwillie
  • edited January 2012

Jordan rhodes (huddersfield / scotland) 

Anyone ??

• edited January 2012
    Starting 11

GK - Joe Hart 
    RB - Micah Richards
    CB - Jolean Lescott
    CB - Phil Jagielka 
    LB - Leighton Baines 

DM - Scott Parker 
    CM - Wilshere
    CM - Ramsey

RW - Sturridge
    LW - Bale
    ST - Rooney

Subs

Shay Given
    Gary Cahill
    Kyle Walker
    Darren Fletcher
    Steven Gerrard
    Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
    Jordan Rhodes

• edited January 2012
    Jordan rhodes (huddersfield / scotland)   Anyone ??
    Posted by FINS
    Think I put him in mine when I posted.