You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

my 1st hand at table, no notes or info, what would you do here

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceEDSTER952Small blind £0.15£0.15£2.45robyoungBig blind £0.30£0.45£29.70 Your hole cardsQQ   siralex111Fold    goose27909Fold    xRaise £1.50£1.95£26.28GrimmDarkFold    EDSTER952Fold    robyoungCall £1.20£3.15£28.50Flop  645   robyoungCheck    xAll-in £26.28£29.43£0.00robyoung?    

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Call, make a small 3bet pre in hope that he shoves
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah defo a 3bet pre , still call now for sure
  • edited December 2011
    3bet pre for sure can't think why you wouldn't

Flop super easy snap call and expect to be ahead imo.
  • edited December 2011
    Definatly 3-bet in this situation, make it 4x his original raise. get value for your hand, if he folds then so be it, if he calls then i would  put him on between 8/8-J/J range maybe A/K offsuit, if he 4-bets over the top or all-in you can pretty much narrow him to A/K J/J Q/Q K/K A/A
    With that flop id bet it heavy, if he shoves then call it, i dont think you could get away from it really.
    Might be wrong though :)
  • edited December 2011
    3bet pre, will define range and make flop decision easier.

Readlesss think has to be a call.
  • edited December 2011
    You can flat pre but prefer a 3b.

If you're gonna flat pre you gotta break ur mouse calling this off. 

Booooooooom "Snappppitoffff"
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: my 1st hand at table, no notes or info, what would you do here:
    You can flat pre but prefer a 3b. If you're gonna flat pre you gotta break ur mouse calling this off.  Booooooooom "Snappppitoffff"
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    yeah i like to mix it up, its sometimes good to conceal your hand by flatting pre, if you 3bet every big hand you just become predictable
  • edited December 2011
    just form look at the this it look like the player might not have play much becous he makes it 5 x not many player do that and then the shove on the flop could be just hit peir and thicks its the nuts unlikey a set coz who would do that wif a set but snap call deffo
  • edited December 2011
    Its readless so i 3-bet pre, especially on your first hand at the table.

Easy call flop although the 5x raise pre seems a bit weird. Seems like he is really confident pre flop with his betsizing and shoves on a draw heavy board, is he scared of being outdrawn and wants to charge you the max? I've seen it at NL4, NL8 and even NL10 but does this happen at this level? Either way, its too weird not to call!
  • edited December 2011
    I be thinking AK of spades semi bluff here but hey Im a nit, still think you have to call here!
  • edited December 2011
    Would be amazed if he had a higher pair than yours betting so aggressive. Like you say though you don't know his play before now. Seems a little strange if he had something really good as it could so easily scare customers away.

What would you have done had he not gone all in? Plan to C/C or C/R if he bet a more realistic amount?
  • edited December 2011
    im suprised nobody said fold to be honest lol @daveowlx i would have check raised i think, well here is the hand, i did call, i just couldnt see him doing this with a better hand then mine...

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    EDSTER952 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £2.45
    robyoung Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £29.70
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

siralex111 Fold     
    goose27909 Fold     
    Raise  £1.50 £1.95 £26.28
    GrimmDark Fold     
    EDSTER952 Fold     
    robyoung Call  £1.20 £3.15 £28.50