You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sit n go strategy book is helping

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Well as some of you know i bought some books last week to help improve my game ( yes more than books i need, i know.. thought i'd get in there first lol ) and after reading a few chapters thought i'd put some of the theories to the test and hey presto they worked a treat :) a good investment i would say :)

just thought i'd share that with ya all :) now i am off to bed. got loads of reading to do tomorrow as well as get a few practice games in!

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Get Sit n Go wizard imo

free 30 day trial from their website, amazing for practicing your push/Fold descisions

Theyre based on the 50/30/20 model though not dym
  • edited October 2009
    would love to read a poker book but havent got any, i also like to read storys on the net
  • edited November 2009
    i dont trust poker books, i play my own game.
  • edited November 2009
    The problem is all the these books are written with gradual cash increase for top 3 in 6-handed or 5 in 10-handed so you need to be careful if playing DYM.
  • edited November 2009
    I dont think people should read books and guides, because it's the personal view of the author, and for all you know, he could of lost his life savings using them tactics. I'd say try and adopt your own style of play, it will become natural for you to play your own way rather than adapting a style of play from a book.
  • edited November 2009

Books are one persons opinion, you can get better tips on here from a range of top players

• edited November 2009
    Hi Margate.

There is very definitely a winning sit n go strategy. I do OK in sit n goes (nothing special but circa 10% roi) and discovered a reasonably successful formula. Basically don't mess around in any pots early - pass virtually everything and once at level 4 with fewer than 15 big blinds - any unopened pots shove - it's simple, but it works - as the other say though - slightly different for dym's but still stay quiet early
  • edited November 2009
    stt r great for ur bankroll, as is reading books but as u mentioned u must play 2 try out your new moves and use wot suits u best, only book ive read is the bible super system
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: sit n go strategy book is helping:
    I dont think people should read books and guides, because it's the personal view of the author, and for all you know, he could of lost his life savings using them tactics. I'd say try and adopt your own style of play, it will become natural for you to play your own way rather than adapting a style of play from a book.
    Posted by stanzy
    why would a publisher give a book deal to a guy who lost his life savings? unless his book is called "how not to lose your life savings like I did" :)